Thread: Tuned my first Dodge Using HP Tuners!

Senior Tuner

Tuned my first Dodge Using HP Tuners!

Well, not exactly, but I did use the scanner and some custom PID's and Histograms to help me dial in the VE table on a twin turbo 300C 2bar set-up (used a different editor). I attached a screen shot showing the custom histo and the WB data. I have another one that plots the fuel trims, as well.

It works pretty well for just having basic PID's.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Electech if you send support a vcm suite infolog and a link to this thread I can see if we can add the dodge enhanced pids for your os.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    That would be great!

Customer has the car right now, but I'll have it back in a week, or so, to finish things up. I have others in and out of the shop as well so I'll take anything you have.
    Jaime

how do u find the frame rate so far?? I'm seeing a 400rpm gap between different rpm points which should be fun dialing in AFR at a certain points.. Hopefully we'd be able to set up our own X-axis to 200rpm points in the future

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    I was getting just under 2.5 fps. That's just with the SAE minimum requirements. I'm sure these VCM's are capable of more.

As far as the RPM resolution, that is the stock RPM scale for the VE table on this OS. Many of the Dodge table axis are fully scalable, but the table dimensions seem to be fixed so you only have a finite amount of options.
    Jaime

I'm hoping so. Once we break down the axis values to our own liking, I hope HPTs can release a simple copy paste of values/format layouts similar to their scanner for other Dodge vehicles, instead of re-doing the values per vehicle.

Bill please don't forget me!

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Tuner in Training
    Will the new scanner work on the NGC4 controllers?
    97 Camaro SS, L98 motor, T56, 99 PCM and harness, Moser 12 bolt, BMR + Sphon suspension.
    07 300C SRT8

Senior Tuner
    The new scanner should scan basic SAE required PID's on nearly any OBDII compliant VCM.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by sssalah View Post
    Will the new scanner work on the NGC4 controllers?
    It should...I was able to scan a 2009 Charger V6 rental back in December at the pri show.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hey Bill,

How long until some of the faithful few might get their hands on a beta? Even if it is just scanning software and we can start building our tools for tuning the dodge stuff. I think it would be a HUGE step in the right direction.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTBSS View Post
    Hey Bill,

How long until some of the faithful few might get their hands on a beta? Even if it is just scanning software and we can start building our tools for tuning the dodge stuff. I think it would be a HUGE step in the right direction.
    X2

I have a ton of customers asking when I can tune cars for them
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Tuner in Training
    Yes, any word on the beta? I would be willing to buy a beta version just for the scanning capability right now and upgrade to the full blown tuning version later. I really need at least a scanner that works on dodges so I can at least read codes etc.

Senior Tuner
    The scanner is working flawlessly so far. The the data rate is really good when logging with the enhanced PID's. The only thing you will need to do is construct your own histograms, but that's about it.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    The scanner is working flawlessly so far. The the data rate is really good when logging with the enhanced PID's. The only thing you will need to do is construct your own histograms, but that's about it.
    soo just out of curiosity, can we get a list of ALL the enhanced PID's? some guys over on the SRT forums are wanting to know what this will give them vs. the DiabloSport Datalogging.

Senior Tuner
    It's not really a matter of more or less PID's.

It's more about the versatility of the HP scanner. With all the ways the data can be viewed, sorted and manipulated to "paint a better picture" and speed up the editing process (with the help of Excel for now ), not to mention, the ability to log WB or other external sensor data along with the OBDII data places it well above the Diablo DataViewer in my book.

Bottom line is, with somewhere around 200 PID's, it has most of what you need to get the job done for performance calibrating and I'm sure they will add more PID's in the future if they are needed.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 07-14-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    Jaime

Can a SRT4 be scanned?

Potential Tuner
    This is a good thing to read.

contact

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    The new scanner should scan basic SAE required PID's on nearly any OBDII compliant VCM.
    Just wanting to get in touch with you about the 08 corvette z06 tune you added to the tuner file.I have a 09 z06 and was wondering if it would work on my car .My car is stock other than the kook's header's , Kook's xpipe with converter's,cold air intake,borla exhaust.Can email me at [email protected] new to the hptuner and hope I am not disturbing you .Just attempting to get some info.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by c6zosick View Post
    Just wanting to get in touch with you about the 08 corvette z06 tune you added to the tuner file.I have a 09 z06 and was wondering if it would work on my car .My car is stock other than the kook's header's , Kook's xpipe with converter's,cold air intake,borla exhaust.Can email me at [email protected] new to the hptuner and hope I am not disturbing you .Just attempting to get some info.
    In the future it may have been better to private message me since you are asking about a GM file in a Dodge scanner thread.

The file should be a good place to start, you'll have to do a compare and copy over any values you want to use to your 09 file. Your brand of CAI may require changes to be made to the MAF tables, as well. Its a pretty old file and I may do some things a little different now, but its still a good start.
    Jaime