Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Having problems with tune with 80 pound siemens using Gregs Dvd.

Ok will do Frost.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

Potential Tuner
    Did you have any further progress here?

I haven't had time to read my latest tune and messed up the one in laptop with some addtional crap so wanted to pull actual tune out.
    The key to me seems to be to run full time speed density.No surging at idle or off idle,no boggiing.Now how great this will work in various weather conditions not sure since my car is driven from end march to end october and maybe even longer as considering moving to milder place.
    I do have the ace in the hole of still having set of low impedence 120s so if did have any big issues and really want to go back to closed loop then will give those a try. They of course can also handle higher power levels and not have to crank up the fuel pressure as much.

I will try to post up my tune next week when get back from holidays this weekend.
    It should give people with 80s a work around or decent solution.

But maybe my car is going to run like crap in different weather but right now it seems to be great. There is a chance though still that some of my surging is from my existing turbos maybe not boosting evenly.I have new turbos to install so after put them in can maybe try going back to closed loop and will dial in the ve a lot better not much point doing it yet as sure the newer bigger snails will change things quite a bit.Thats main reason have not twiddle with ve much,just made sure wasn't too lean with current settings and am pretty darn rich in various places.But not a huge deal. Too lean is much more dangerous on FI builds.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ALB View Post
    I have been running my car open loop no ltrims or strims for past few weeks. My idle afr is around 13.5 haven't even bothered to lean it out. My base pressure is at 58psi line off.
    I have boost referenced reg.
    Idle is good and no surging at idle or off ,no bogging.I realize might be losing some mileage but didn't built a 1000 plus hp car to worry about a mpg or two.
    I may try to lean it out and then turn on closed loop again but really can't see why would bother. My car seems to like openloop full time.
    The basic theory is quite simple. The 80s have trouble running stoic at idle at 58psi.
    You could lower base pressure way the heck down to maybe 30psi and maybe they would idle better but that defeats the purpose of running the 80s.I need the base to be 58psi or even higher for my power levels.
    So this open loop workaround can be a permanent fix as far as I am concerned ,unless decide to run my 120 low impedence injectors . Just hate the extra harness ,the add on box isn't too bad.
    Can anyone explain this? I'm running the same 80# injectors on a single front mount turbo LS1 and have my base fuel pressure set at 38. Why would you want to run 58lbs at idle? BR FPR will add 1psi to that per 1psi of boost... so say you run 18-20psi... you would be seeing nearly 80psi at the rails?! I'm also running the same fuel system as ALB... Nasty perf/Lonnies "stage 3" dual intank setup.

I am running FT OL on a 3 bar OS.

Any comments on base fuel pressure would be appreciated. Thanks!
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

When you measure line on and line off you get 58 line off and then it drops line on when you are running adjustable boost referenced reg. Now under boost i don't think its giving you like 78 if you run 20psi I think its just maintaining the 58 under boost conditions.
    Otherwise would think you would be very rich under boost with adjustable reg and have to really lean things out. But maybe I am not right about this.Running less base would help the 80s idle better but was worried if set it to say 30base even with the reg then would need way bigger injectors for my power levels.

Advanced Tuner
    My FPR adds 1psi fuel for each 1psi of boost I make. I've got a gauge in the car for FP and can watch it (when I'm not making sure that the car is going straight ROFL) and it definitely increases FP as boost increases. My IFR table is also flat as a result. Is yours, ALB?
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner in Training
    That may be true if you have a pump that can support 80psi

I've figured out a solution that is working for me on this issue. I run an unreferenced rail pressure at 58. I'm running a slightly negative short pulse adder to pull a bit a fuel during idle and part throttle. I've adjusted the PE to richen up on tip in. The issue is essentially gone once the car is at regular operating temp. Idle is right around 14, cruising is ~15:1 and WOT is 11.5:1. Perfect for 780rwhp!!
    I'm happy.
    This thread definitely helped point me in the right direction. But I will have to say it was ALOT of guess and test to finally dial it in. I'm pretty picky about it, and its not 'perfect', but its a hell of lot better than it was.
    2002 Firehawk #853

Advanced Tuner
    11.5 @ WOT... interesting. I'm running more like 11.3
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner in Training
    nice.
    2002 Firehawk #853

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry I was kinda thinking out loud there for a sec wondering if I should lean mine out a bit...
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

How much boost you running?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    13psi for street mode... 17+ on the track.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Advanced Tuner
    Really interested in this base fuel pressure conversation though...
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Advanced Tuner
    Am I the only one that wonders why Greg will never reply to threads like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
    Am I the only one that wonders why Greg will never reply to threads like this?
    Weird huh?
    G-FORCE Motorsports
    1941 CR 129 Pearland TX 77581
    281-993-5451 PH 281-993-5421 FAX

www.gforce-tx.com
    [email protected]
    PCM Tuner LSX and SCT <-> How Much Force Can You Take??
    2009 CTS-V 630 RWHP 10.90 @ 129mph

Advanced Tuner
    Frost your messaegs are full, I need your help/dual pcm for a customer/base tune/ HELP with my tune....LOL

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Really interested in this base fuel pressure conversation though...
    Bump for base fuel pressure conversation...
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

whats your question Eagle?
    Joe
    2006 M6 GTO
    APS TT
    10.76@131

"The goal of tuning is for the tune to run well enough you dont need any corrective mechanisms"

Advanced Tuner
    I'm was curious why ALB runs such high fuel pressure at idle w/these injectors vs a lower base fuel pressure - such as what I'm running with the same injectors fuel system setup.

ALB suggested earlier in the thread that these injectors needed the additional fuel pressure up top to support his power levels. I had asked how much boost he was running because at 58psi base even a modest 15psi puts your peak boost fuel pressure at 73psi... which to me seems quite high for most fuel systems to sustain.

I'm running a turbo w/13-17psi on the same base fuel pressure of 38psi with the same injectors and same fuel system as ALB.

So I'm really looking to find out if the 80# Siemens injectors need more fuel pressure when they're really being pushed.
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Bump for base fuel pressure conversation...
    Nobody running the fpr boost reference line after the tb to reduce idle fuel pressure?