Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to properly wire the LM-2 to MPVI Pro

Tuner in Training
    im trying to tune a 0411 pcm in a 98 camaro.
    is there a way to do this without the pro interface?

i understand to run the positive analog output wire from the lm2 to the ac pressure input wire of the pcm.
    however, wiring the ground has me confused.

the manual states:
    5.3.3 Wiring Analog Outputs
    The analog outputs on the LM-2 are differential. As with the analog inputs, the negative
    lead (-) must be connected to ground for the readings to be accurate. Below are the
    three different ways the analog outputs of the LM-2 can be wired. If you are unsure
    whether your analog input is differential or not you may wire the analog output as shown
    in diagram 1 .

does the 0411 pcm have a differential analog input?

since the pcm is grounded to the engine/chassis and has a 5 volt reference circuit built within, can i just run the negative analog output from the LM2 straight to the pcm low voltage reference (0-5v ground)?

or do i ground straight to the battery?

or both in parallel?

Tuner in Training
    anybody?
    i actually ended up wiring the voltage output to the EGR input pin on the ECM.
    should i run the ground to the ecm pin for the EGR ground?

Just a quick one … I recently bought a LM-2 kit and was wondering if the ground problem had been rectified?
    No big deal really as the info on here to fix the voltage fluctuation problem is easy even for me to understand.
    It would just save me a little soldering .
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Quote Originally Posted by justinaxe View Post
    Just a quick one … I recently bought a LM-2 kit and was wondering if the ground problem had been rectified?
    No big deal really as the info on here to fix the voltage fluctuation problem is easy even for me to understand.
    It would just save me a little soldering .
    As far as I know, Innovate has not changed the LM-2. The ground float problem still exists.
    Tyler

Quote Originally Posted by omega_5 View Post
    As far as I know, Innovate has not changed the LM-2. The ground float problem still exists.
    Thanks Omega … I suppose at the end of the day playing it safe and having a more reliable ground certainly won't hurt either way .
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One extra question though … If i am using the dual version of the LM-2 is it necessary to use two of the input connections on the pro for each bank?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM