Thread: LTFT +25%, STFT+35 and I don't understand why

Advanced Tuner

LTFT +25%, STFT+35 and I don't understand why

Hi,

I got a "base tune" for a supercharged system from a reputable shop. Since the "base tune" was from -99 Vette and the actual car is -97, I copied what I thought to be relevant parameters (60 lbs injector info, VE, MAF, etc.).

For some strange reason LTFT's are now +25 and STFT's also around +35. I'm pretty sure that the injector info is spot on, as well as (stock) VE-table, since this is otherwise stock engine, apart from obvious Vortech supercharger system.

The fuel pressure is around 58 PSI and since this is -97, there is also regulator input from the intake (on front of the throttle body). I reseted fuel trims, but as soon as engine goes into closed loop, STFT's and LTFT's are quickly raising.

Could this be because of failed O2's? Or intake leak? I cannot believe stock engine would need a huge modification in VE to compensate supercharger in the idle.

Here's tune, scan and config attached:

If you have a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator I think the IFR table should be flat, not sloped.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
    If you have a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator I think the IFR table should be flat, not sloped.
    I was thinking the same, so we tried without "stock" boost reference. No difference.

Also, stock -97 Corvette fuel tables are not flat, so I don't know if the regulator is really boost-referenced in stock form, but at least there's some kind of tubing.

Anyway, how about following hint:

- in Table display, MAP value is around 40...45 kPa
    - in Gauge display, it is less than 18 kPa
    - in Chart display, it is around 15...18 kPa
    - in Histogram, it is aroud 15...20 kPa

All this at idle.

Something is strange here. Maybe there's some trick that applies for -97 only? Such as keep used bits 24 or less (which I did).

I first thought that maybe MAP sensor is broken, but then would that explain the difference between Table display and other displays? On the other hand, having artificially low MAP value, I think that could be the source of having LTFT's and STFT's that far off?

Any other suggestions?