Thread: VE Tuning... not going well.....input needed.

VE Tuning... not going well.....input needed.

Trying to tweak the VE table per instructions:

Diable MAF,DFCO, and PE interference
    Configure VE - LTFT histogram w/ cell hits req'd at 5
    Re-set LTFT's
    Scan for cells at idle, 2000-4000rpm varying and constant loads
    Copy/Paste Special % Multiply in to VE table

....have done this and by the 5th round I noticed the histogram cells in the .08-.12 & 3000-4000 rpm area were not improving closer to zero....10-15 everytime, which was forcing my VE table very high in the 4800-6000 rpm & 20-35 kPa. The last numbers I was showing ranged in the VE table in the 125-140's. What the heck... I changed them before and I got pretty close, but read that re-seting the LTFT's each time was needed...which i did this time and wanted to tweak the tables a bit and not the case. Any experience with this and direction would be awesome. Thanks

You disabled PE????? Thats dangerous man.
    Try this guide here.
    http://ls1tuningguide.com/tuninghelpfiles.php

Check fuel pressure under load. The only time I've seen ridiculous VE values is when the pump isn't keeping up.
    Always Support Our Troops!

How do I check the fuel pressure under load?

hook up a fuel gauge and tape it to your windshield then go for a drive

Paste special>multiply % -half
    99 Hugger Camaro LS1 M6 TSP Torquer V2 cam, 100 dry-shot N2O, 42# "green tops", lid, p&p MAF/TB, LS6 Intake, Hooker LT's, Custom ORY with Flowmaster Merge, DMH cutout, Magnaflow CB, tuned with LC-1 and '02 OS.

The hose and guage I guess at most auto parts stores?

Silly question. But what year is the car your working on? Perhaps I missed it. But if it's 98-99 make sure your using the secondary ve table unless you've installed a new os

Tuner in Training
    i also had this problem with a 02 os would get pretty close then go out of whack. make sure you reset fuel trims each time you do a scan. also i have found that plus/minus 10 start doing paste special multiply by % half make take several extra time then they will work out. ALSO accorinding to my book you max out pe enrichment table but dont do a wide open throttle pass on it buddy i hope this helps you good luck

No WOT during this calibration... it is a '99... I guess I need to copy paste corrections by row into the secondary table also?