Thread: Failed MAF and CEL vs. Reduced Engine Power

Failed MAF and CEL vs. Reduced Engine Power

I am tuning my VE table with fuel trims and I did the steps to fail the MAF, and the CEL comes on. However, every now and then, the car will display Reduced Engine Power while I am logging and basically remove all ability to power the car down the road so I have to pull over and start over. This has happened about 4 times in maybe 3 hrs of tuning. Is this normal? I "think" it happens when I abruptly shut the throttle (like when I get cut off).

anyone?

Post your tune and log back on here.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    on mine i have to turn off the p0068 diagnostic when tuning ve with the maf disabled,, otherwise it will go into reduced power mode

check yout dtc's when it goes into reduced power mode.
    Last edited by camaro1; 04-17-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

thanks, I will check that!

69lt1bird, just as an update, the tuning is coming along. i still don't have my wideband configured properly, but using trims I am making tons of progress and it already runs better than ever even though I am not finished. the cam seems much smaller now, lol (driveability)....

when I get the wideband reading something sensible, I will get into the WOT tuning. very cool stuff. :-)

to get to this point I had to use stock VE map and stock displacement and put the injectors halfway to the actual size and tuned. then I bumped the injectors to the actual data, then tuned again. then bumped the displacement to the actual number and tuned again. before, with all the changes at once, the car wouldn't run at all.

Tuner in Training FourG63 97GST's Avatar
    I'm currently in the same boat , redoing my VE, had that happen to me a couple times today also, seems to happen when it stalls, I just clear the codes an keep on moving, since I know its a MAF issue, I ignore it.
    are you tuning the C5? if so, post a log, i wouldn't mind comparing

- 02 Z06, LS2, Twin Turbo

camaro1 i don't even have a p0068 in my list of dtc's!

fourg, i will try and post a log tomorrow evening!

Hey i forgot to save my log but I try tomorrow. my dtc was 1514, tps sensor getting too much air flow or something so I disabled it until I am done tuning then I will change the max after I log it, I guess.