Thread: stock sierra 09 with knock

stock sierra 09 with knock

I was scanning a bone stock sierra 4.8 today.. and found KR on the stock ignition table.. i have attached the data logging file for your reference on the default config. I didnt touch the ignition map, only thing i did was tq management, shift firmness.

Is there knock sensor sensivitve or what? i didnt put the wideband to see the a/f ratio.. but i assume its not going to be way off since the car is stock.

any ideas or similar issues?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post
    I was scanning a bone stock sierra 4.8 today.. and found KR on the stock ignition table.. i have attached the data logging file for your reference on the default config. I didnt touch the ignition map, only thing i did was tq management, shift firmness.

Is there knock sensor sensivitve or what? i didnt put the wideband to see the a/f ratio.. but i assume its not going to be way off since the car is stock.

Nothing unusual about this with current GM factory tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Nothing unusual about this with current GM factory tunes.
    you have any idea how i can solve this then? i dont usually de-sentisize the factory knock sensors so i dont know which table should be good and how much people are de-sensitizing it.

My buddy wanted me to tune his 2007 5.3, I found the same thing KR on stock tune unless he runs 93.

I thought my stock commanded WOT AFR would have been close also, ended up being 11% lean... I'd check it out with the wideband before scrubbing the timing tables..
    Last edited by markislive; 04-15-2010 at 01:24 AM.
    2010 GMC Sierra Ext Cab SLT 2wd 6.2L/6L80 w/3.42's
    HPT Pro w/LM-1 Wideband, AR Longtubes, AFE Intake, Gibson 3.5'' Exhaust, SLP UD Pulley, 160* Stat... New times coming soon..

Advanced Tuner
    you have any idea how i can solve this then? i dont usually de-sentisize the factory knock sensors so i dont know which table should be good and how much people are de-sensitizing it.
    Its only around 1deg or less of KR. Possibly only on one cylinder. Nothing to really worry about. If it was more knock than considered acceptable the ECM would adjust the knock learn factor. With 1 deg it wont vary knock learn. As markislive mentions try 93.
    Last edited by LSX378; 04-15-2010 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markislive View Post
    My buddy wanted me to tune his 2007 5.3, I found the same thing KR on stock tune unless he runs 93.

I thought my stock commanded WOT AFR would have been close also, ended up being 11% lean... I'd check it out with the wideband before scrubbing the timing tables..
    wow usually stock calibration are either rich or at around 13:1 at sea level.

I will check it this weeked with wideband.. unfortuneatly, no 93 octane available, only 91.

update

card has been modded recently, a/f has been corrected to 13:1 and changed to tr6 plugs.. no knock..

added headers, CAI, and 100 Shot NOS (-3 degrees in timing table).

broke a spark plug, but no knock detected... any clue on what caused this?

Advanced Tuner
    card has been modded recently, a/f has been corrected to 13:1 and changed to tr6 plugs.. no knock..

added headers, CAI, and 100 Shot NOS (-3 degrees in timing table).

broke a spark plug, but no knock detected... any clue on what caused this?

What broke on the plug?

Nitrous can eat plugs when too lean with knock. Though stock slugs can handle this for long. Maybe it was knocking outside the knock "window".