Thread: AEM Digital Boost Guage

AEM Digital Boost Guage

I Bought An AEM Digital Wideband Guage And Connected It To EIO 1. Whe I Went to Create A Guage For It I Selected The AEM Wideband Option And It Works Great.

So Then I Went Ahead And Bought The AEM Digital Boost Guage Wanting To Connect It In The Same Fasion. I Wired It Into EIO 2 Today And Tried To Create A Boost Guage There Was No Premade Option. I Made The Guage Range From -30 To 35psi And Would Assume That -30 Would Be 0.00 Volts And 35 Would Be 5.00 Volts. I Can See The EIO 2 Input Right Now As Raw Voltage But Can't Seem To Get The Raw Voltage To Translate Into The Boost Guage I Made.

I Have Attached The .cfg File With Guages I Made And A Short Log .hpl File Showing The Raw Voltage Input On EIO 2. I Looked Through The Help Section And Don't Understand What I'm Doing Wrong. Can Someone Please Help??
    2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS, Keystone Camaro SS Style Hood, LS1 Dual Fans, LS7 TB, 80lbs Injectors, Meth Injection, TVS2300 @14lbs, Innovators West 10% Overdrive 8-Rib Crank Pulley & T-Mac's 2.9" RIP 8-Rib Pulley, A.R.H. Stainless a Steel 1 7/8" W/Cats and a Full Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, Tune Time's Blower Cam

Anybody?
    2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD 3SS, Keystone Camaro SS Style Hood, LS1 Dual Fans, LS7 TB, 80lbs Injectors, Meth Injection, TVS2300 @14lbs, Innovators West 10% Overdrive 8-Rib Crank Pulley & T-Mac's 2.9" RIP 8-Rib Pulley, A.R.H. Stainless a Steel 1 7/8" W/Cats and a Full Custom Stainless Steel Dual Exhaust, Tune Time's Blower Cam

Does Anyone Have Any Idea Of How I Can Make This Work?
    Bill????

Tuner in Training
    Look in the AEM instructions for what the settings should be.

You will need to create a user defined EIO PID that does this just like the built in AEM WB PID translates the WB voltage to AFR. The AEM should define what voltage range corresponds to what MAP.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

This Is All They Give You When You Buy The Guage. A Single Sheet Double Sided Print Sheet. Nothing About Voltage Corresponding To Any Specific Ranges Like My WideBand Came With. Thats My Problem. But I Can See The Raw Voltage For EIO 2, So I Believe It Can Be Done.

http://www.aempower.com/images/produ...%2030-4406.pdf

It says, "Analog output: 0-5V = 0-50psia (linear output 0psig = 14.7psia)". So you will need to create a custom EIO PID like the attached one.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 04-15-2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Bill Winters

Wait, the link you sent IS useless. But the one I found on their forums has the range.

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,21559.0.html
    Bill Winters

0-5.0 V can't equal 0-50 psi. It is also a vacuum guage. So -35 should be 0 Volts and +30 psi sholuld equal 5.0 volts. If you playback my scan log you can see the Raw Volt on EIO 2, at idle it sits at about 14-16 vacuum. I never got a chance to log it at WOT and see what voltage equals my 10# of boost.

So I basically need to create a custom PID with a scale along the left hand side starting at -35 all the way up to +30 and the voltage along the bottom from 0 to 5V????

Hmmm, didnt think of that. My first thought was that they copied and paste that from the 50 PSI gauge (30-4408) but that one reads from 30"Hg to 50 PSI on the gauge and it says the output is 0-5V = 0-75psia (linear output 0psig = 14.7psia). Then it hit me that the analog output is in PSIA and the gauge is reading in PSIG. So the analog output is really -14.7 PSI to 35.3 PSIG. So the custom PID would look like this. Once in place take digital pics of the gauge and HPT and play with the offset until they match exactly.

Bill Winters

Actually you dont need to take pictures. Just ignition on, engine off. Adjust the offset (-14.7) up or down until HPT sez 0 like the gauge.
    Bill Winters

Thanks For All Of Your Help Thus Far Bill. I Tried What You Said And I Did The "0" Thing To Get It Working. I Can Get It To "0" Out And Work From -30 To 0 InHg, But When I Floor It And Build Boost It Doesn't Register Properly. I Can Get To To Register From 0 To 35 When I Build Boost, But I Have To Reconfigure The Guage To Register PSI.

I'm Going To Try Putting A Jumper Wire From EIO 2 To EIO 3 And Share The 0-5V Output From The AEM Digital Boost Guage. Then I'm Thinking I Could Configure One Guage For Vacuum (inHg) And The Other For Boost (psi).

I'll Try It If I Can Get A Free Moment Tomorrow. If That Doesn't Work I Guess I'll Call AEM And Here What They Have To Say.

I Just Wish There Was A Preset I Could Click On The Same Way I Did For Selecting The AEM Wideband O2 Guage.
    (Hint, Hint BETA Developers)

Are there any little dials on the back of the gauge like the AEM WB has?
    Bill Winters

Nope, no adjustable dials. I think I'm gunna have to contact AEM one day when I have some free time during business hours.