Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003-up Silverado AC request type

Advanced Tuner

2003-up Silverado AC request type

2003-up Silverado AC request type

Not sure if this is possible with the green/blue PCM or not but it would be a nice feature to have.
    On several swaps I have run into the problem of the AC request signal being provided by the serial link from the HVAC controller. In order to let the PCM retain control over the AC clutch it would be nice to have the option to switch from serial input to a 12v signal like the 0411 PCMs had. Similar to the option for the performance switch to be operated by serial or by switches.

Tuner in Training
    +1 I really would like to run the a/c on my swap through the PCM without having to hack in the BCM.
    85 El Camino SS black and silver, factory buckets.
    5.3L/4l60E 3.73 posi
    1980 Chevette .....needs a V6 swap
    www.fquick.com/G-Body

Potential Tuner
    Hello I'm in the same boat... Any updates in this?

Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    in for updates

Tuner in Training
    Any updates? I still need to hook up the A/C on a 2003 swap.
    5.3L/4l60E 3.73 posi
    www.fquick.com/G-Body

Tuner in Training
    Please Please Please. We really need this.
    I've heard you guys have had a beta with this ability for a long time? True?

Tuner in Training
    I have a beta release and it does not have this feature. I again requested it via e-mail a couple weeks ago, but haven`t heard back. Tunercat is the only one that I have heard of having it in their new version.
    5.3L/4l60E 3.73 posi
    www.fquick.com/G-Body

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I got a request for this on the 13th and put it into queue. No eta as to when our head engineer will be able to look into it further.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

i do "turnkey" engine packages for the aftermarket, and this is a VERY common request that really doesn't have an easy solution. this feature would be GREAT!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanD View Post
    i do "turnkey" engine packages for the aftermarket, and this is a VERY common request that really doesn't have an easy solution. this feature would be GREAT!
    I do engine wiring, for stand alone or factory setups, in hot rods and so on.. going to great to get this feature.

Advanced Tuner
    Was any progress ever made on this?

Potential Tuner
    +1 on this subject. Any updates for a 12v or ground A/C request? Would be very helpful. Thanks!

Me 2

I do engine swaps, this feature would be very useful to avoid changing the PCM for an older one just for the A/C

Advanced Tuner
    bump

Potential Tuner
    This feature never made it into the 2.24 release. I'm going to be doing a/c soon on a swap and would love to make this possible... Any chances of this happening?
    -Sean
    1971 Chevy C10 - 5.3 LM7 + 4L60E

Looks like we still don't get this feature! Does anyone know where to find wiring diagrams for the body control module? The A/C request is handled by it. It might be worth figuring out as you would also have available "transmission performance" (tow/haul mode) for aftermarket swaps.

... Does anyone know where to find wiring diagrams for the body control module? The A/C request is handled by it ...
    In post #9 you claim to do "turnkey" engine packages for the aftermarket - yet you don't have access to, or own, OEM schematics ?

... It might be worth figuring out as you would also have available "transmission performance" (tow/haul mode) for aftermarket swaps ...
    The Tow / Haul or Performance mode has always been available in the PCM calibration for activation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    In post #9 you claim to do "turnkey" engine packages for the aftermarket - yet you don't have access to, or own, OEM schematics ?
    Nope! why would I need OEM schematics? all I need is the ECM pinout list as the engine runs almost stand-alone anyhow. most of my customers don't even use electronic transmissions anyhow as they are for offroad use. The A/C & Tow/Haul deal has only come up a few times in the last few years so I've never gave it priority. Most of my A/C units are used for making compressed air. I would just like to pump the idle up to like 1200.

The Tow / Haul or Performance mode has always been available in the PCM calibration for activation.
    So there is an ECM pinout that will activate Tow/Haul mode? Enlighten me!

... why would I need OEM schematics? all I need is the ECM pinout list as the engine runs almost stand-alone anyhow ...
    For product R&D ... or for times like now - when you don't know how a particular system functions, or how it is interrelated with other systems.

... So there is an ECM pinout that will activate Tow/Haul mode? Enlighten me! ...
    C1 pin 71 ... set to "One Switch" in the calibration ... then use a momentary switch to ground to activate.

C1 pin 71 ... set to "One Switch" in the calibration ... then use a momentary switch to ground to activate.
    Thanks! Never afraid to admit that I learn something new everyday.