Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6L80E TCC info

Advanced Tuner
    I think that would be a good idea if your warrenty is up.
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    I think that would be a good idea if your warrenty is up.
    i will never take my car to a dealer.
    2017 camaro ss a8 with low mount twins

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
    i will never take my car to a dealer.
    LOL!

Advanced Tuner
    hey waker, i might be bailing from the whole 6l80e deal. between having to pull so much power at the shifts, the long shift times, the converter control issues, the line pressure issues and now what appears to be a loss of pressure and slip off the line i am considering doing a 4l80e swap.

i can get a 4l80e for $800, shift kit for $100, make a controler for probably $300 or so. might need to have my converter reworked to work but the circle D guys are cool and would probably give me a decent deal, driveshaft wich i need anyways. all total under $2k i bet for a set up that would be good for a 9sec power and is buildable to hande really crazy hp. really crazy hp is where i might be headed eventualy so the swap is worth considering.

about the slip off the line. did you look at that screen shot above? i got that every run last night and the harder i tried to launch the worse it got. line pressure down around 50psi, considerable slip, loss of aceleration, then grab and wheel hop. that cant be good for anything.
    Hell you'll probably pick up at least .5 with the swap. You can always go back when they get it figured out if you keep the 6L.

Hell you'll probably pick up at least .5 with the swap. You can always go back when they get it figured out if you keep the 6L.
    no way .5. maybe .2 and thats if i get gears to go with it.

Advanced Tuner
    no way .5. maybe .2 and thats if i get gears to go with it.
    I say .5 because your pulling so much timing and youll be able to lock WOT. TM is always worth a couple tenths and the WOT lockup should get you another .1 or .2 with your level of torque.

Potential Tuner
    hey waker, i might be bailing from the whole 6l80e deal. between having to pull so much power at the shifts, the long shift times, the converter control issues, the line pressure issues and now what appears to be a loss of pressure and slip off the line i am considering doing a 4l80e swap.

i can get a 4l80e for $800, shift kit for $100, make a controler for probably $300 or so. might need to have my converter reworked to work but the circle D guys are cool and would probably give me a decent deal, driveshaft wich i need anyways. all total under $2k i bet for a set up that would be good for a 9sec power and is buildable to hande really crazy hp. really crazy hp is where i might be headed eventualy so the swap is worth considering.

about the slip off the line. did you look at that screen shot above? i got that every run last night and the harder i tried to launch the worse it got. line pressure down around 50psi, considerable slip, loss of aceleration, then grab and wheel hop. that cant be good for anything.

What happened to the shops claiming to be able to handle 800+ at the wheels? Wouldn't that get you around pulling power at the shift points and shorten the shift times?

Won't help the triple disk lockup issue, but you could always go back to a stage2 until the tuning is there.

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    What happened to the shops claiming to be able to handle 800+ at the wheels? Wouldn't that get you around pulling power at the shift points and shorten the shift times?

Won't help the triple disk lockup issue, but you could always go back to a stage2 until the tuning is there.
    i have no doubt they will hold 800+hp but i am guessing those shops are putting alot of tm in to help it shift. once it is in gear the tranny is crazy strong. it is just a matter of time till this tranny is figured out and there is a lot of help out there for people like me. just not sure if i want to wait.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah that's all we are going to be offering for the time being,
    unfortunately we haven't found any additional tcc tables.

From HP...

Potential Tuner
    i have no doubt they will hold 800+hp but i am guessing those shops are putting alot of tm in to help it shift. once it is in gear the tranny is crazy strong. it is just a matter of time till this tranny is figured out and there is a lot of help out there for people like me. just not sure if i want to wait.

I don't want to wait, and swapping a 4l80 isn't an option for me, so I'm hoping you get it figured out say... within the next 3 weeks?

The thing is, though, it seems like it applies the smallest amount of TCC PCS possible to achieve the desired slip, so even if desired slip is zero (and it’s trying to hit exactly zero), it would probably apply the smallest amount of pressure to get there."
    Unless there is a minimum pressure limit somewhere........

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TYRFRYR View Post
    Unless there is a minimum pressure limit somewhere........
    Don't think there is a minimum but the TCC final pressure is capped at 109.9. This has been confirmed in the code. The actual line pressure (when tapped) may read higher, but the TCC, or any other solenoid, will EVER see above 109.9 unless it is re-written. It can be re-written and will be once I get back into town. I just picked up a Circle D 3k converter and look to get it working properly with the help of Vince. He says he can re-write any code as long as we find the right one. He just picked up a car with the 6L80E and between the two of us we are confident we will crack this egg sometime soon.