Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LNF- Torque Management Inj Disable kills DFCO- WTF?

My fuel trims were whacked out with the stock table, prob since I tuned for months on the all zero's. Didin't feel like starting over.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Thats because you were adjusting for stoich on decel as well lol. (I was too, not busting your chops.) But the retune wasn't too bad on my car, just 1 quick tweak and it was set

Maybe next week if it changes when I redo the injen cp couplers this weekend. Might have a hot side IC seep or two. 3" long couplers here today or tomorrow.

Had 0 LTFT's the whole 50 mile trip today. Hate to fix it when it ain't broke.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, I noticed that when I downshift, my coolant temps drop to like 182 or so, lol.

I noticed running 0's and 15's like mentioned the car goes lean on decel for a few secs then resumes stoich decel. Going to go back to stock again and see if it does it then too and I just never noticed it.

Tom - dont you just love you bought a CP that has coupler barely big enough to allow 2 WORM drive clamps to cover it? LOL! I wanted to throw my injen right in the fucking garbage when I went to install it!!! Luckily I fab intercooler piping and had a TON of better couplers plus T-Bolts laying around
    Edit: I even had to goto my buddy's fab shop to roll a bead on the 1 pipe because it had a shadow of a bead on it lol. Kept blowing apart with 30psi

I never had it come apart at 30 psi but I put t-bolts on it from the get-go. I looked at the IC connection after doing the 3 bar sensors and it looks like it's moved back about 1/4" over the year it's been on so it's time to fix it. I think I'll rtv that sucker onto the IC with the t-bolts this time.

Hairspray

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Hairspray
    This.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Had 0 LTFT's the whole 50 mile trip today. Hate to fix it when it ain't broke.
    Dude... I'm jealous. F'ing weather won't stop with it's massive swings in temp... I just recently had to go back to the stock MAF freq table when putting the table to 0/15 on the right (no MAF corr. yet) and I've been unable to properly tune it back to what it once was, between -.08 and 0 be it 10 miles or a 30+ mile jaunt

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    Ok, I noticed that when I downshift, my coolant temps drop to like 182 or so, lol.
    Sounds like a bug in the OS?

I noticed running 0's and 15's like mentioned the car goes lean on decel for a few secs then resumes stoich decel. Going to go back to stock again and see if it does it then too and I just never noticed it.
    That's strange BYT... I'm running the same setup and I've noticed that during decel, the car transitions into DFCO and goes to 1.99 on the WB and then when it eclipses the set RPM to end DFCO, goes right to stoich?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post

Sounds like a bug in the OS?

No i think its because it is cutting fuel, thus running cooler.

Hairspray
    Hairspray used tonight on all metal connections with t-bolt clamps & new silicone couplers. I still used a thin film of rtv on the plastic IC connection with a t-bolt clamp though. I think it'll seal better than hairspray there. My daughter had some hairspray.

Dude... I'm jealous. F'ing weather won't stop with it's massive swings in temp... I just recently had to go back to the stock MAF freq table when putting the table to 0/15 on the right (no MAF corr. yet) and I've been unable to properly tune it back to what it once was, between -.08 and 0 be it 10 miles or a 30+ mile jaunt

That's strange BYT... I'm running the same setup and I've noticed that during decel, the car transitions into DFCO and goes to 1.99 on the WB and then when it eclipses the set RPM to end DFCO, goes right to stoich?
    Don't worry, mine went -5 tonight in the rain. foglight hole plugged but still must've got a wet filter on the CAI.

Same DFCO op as mine T-man, but mine goes to .95 to .97 commanded coming out of DFCO with light throttle for 5 sec or so, then goes to 1.00 commanded. Didn't do that with all zero's. Weirdness!

Advanced Tuner
    mine does that aswell with 15s in right column

Advanced Tuner
    Wanted to point out that I use to get 1-3 misfires every time I'd drive around, be it 5 miles or better with the table at all zeros. Since putting all 15's in the right hand column and zero's elsewhere, I've not had one single misfire! I've also noticed that my car is less prone to KR, as strange as that sounds?

I use to have random bits of off throttle KR, especially after a flash and as it stands, my random KR has greatly diminished!

Thanks again gmtech and everyone else.

Advanced Tuner
    I use to have random bits of off throttle KR, especially after a flash and as it stands, my random KR has greatly diminished!

Thanks again gmtech and everyone else.
    Thats false knock. Gotta turn the car off and back on and the majority of it will go away. My boss and I have noticed that these cars get a ridiculous amount of false knock. For example, I have never had audible knock, even with up to 3* of reported knock. He has noted the same thing when he has the cars on the dyno.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    Thats false knock. Gotta turn the car off and back on and the majority of it will go away. My boss and I have noticed that these cars get a ridiculous amount of false knock. For example, I have never had audible knock, even with up to 3* of reported knock. He has noted the same thing when he has the cars on the dyno.
    Thanks for the heads up Matt. Wasn't sure if it was false knock or if it was due to my lame 91 octane and god knows what else.

Advanced Tuner
    Same DFCO op as mine T-man, but mine goes to .95 to .97 commanded coming out of DFCO with light throttle for 5 sec or so, then goes to 1.00 commanded. Didn't do that with all zero's. Weirdness!
    Yea, I was watching mine really closely this weekend and this is exactly what it does, kind of. Mine will drop to .88 commanded, then .94 to .97 and after I give it some light throttle it goes to 1.00 commanded...

It's the same with the stock tq mgmt table on mine.

Advanced Tuner
    It's the same with the stock tq mgmt table on mine.
    Well, it sounds like its promoting a smooth transition into the actual commanded lambda but why?

I'd guess (and it's only a guess) it's to keep it from leaning out too much coming out of DFCO when it picks up load.