Thread: Colorado tuning

Colorado tuning

Im going to be tuning my friends 2007 3.7 colorado this weekend and i need a little help. Im used to tuning LNF's and after i downloaded a factory tune from the repository i was amazed by how many more tables they have over the LNF. from experience with these trucks where are yall starting, and what AFR/Cam adj have seen the most power at? I will be pulling most of the tourque managment out and smoothing out the fuel trims first. If anyone has any kind of base tune they wouldnt mind sharing that would be awsome. any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Keep in mind this is my experience with a 2005 3.5/P12......The 3.7 tune I have was only for adjusting the speedo for larger tires, he didn't want a tune due to not having his go fast goodies on yet.

Eliminate the TM. Some like a bit left in, I don't myself. If it can live behind a V8, I don't think an I5 is going to hurt it.

Trans- just like tuning any other 4L60E. Pretty easy. Don't go crazy on the shift times...anything lower than .200 and the adaptive shift gets kind of wacky. TCC duty cycle max-100, min 90.

I run MAF only FT. 2mpg difference almost. Disable LTFT for MAF tuning. Don't be surprised if you have about 9 VE tables. I don't think it's like a P12 where you have 5, and 4 are used all the time. I'm still experimenting with MAP vs VAC select for offset. Unlike the P10, no variable cam control to speak of

Spark- I'm running anywhere from 3-5* more than stock. More at higher RPMs, less under more load. Also, I took the base idle table, and interpolated between the first and last column (graph should look like a pyramid). Then, copy the corresponding columns over to the HO table, and then the LO table. Helps with torching the tires from a dig. Less timing down low, off idle through about 14-1600rpm.

Hope that gives you a start. I need to head out and fab a wiring harness for the new headlights for the 86
    Hawk