Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dual intake, Mafless tune... At least I hope

how much power are you expecting from this?

also spectre makes junk...go to autozone youll see what i mean

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Quote Originally Posted by Japeatr View Post
    that Y design is cause some nasty turbulence around the TB
    If that's the case, that sucks. I hope that doesn't cause a power loss over my FIPK.

Quote Originally Posted by VYSSLS1 View Post
    why dont you get a good intake.. you can get any intake from AUS and they will fit that car...
    Because that doesn't achieve my goal of having a one-off "how'd they do that?" build under the hood when I get approached every time I stop for gas or pull into Walmart. I have a vision in my head of what I want to see under the hood. It may not add any power... But thankfully, the car has never (and will likely never) see a race track. So, it's all about basic street driveability and appearance. As long as I don't LOSE power, I'm happy. I mean, my K&N FIPK is a good intake. But it's on half the GTOs out there. I want something equally as good, but much cooler to look at, that is unique to me.

how much power are you expecting from this?
    Again, here are my expectations:

1) An original and unique setup in my engine bay that creates intrigue when I open the hood, and also looks really cool.
    2) No power loss.
    (Any power gain is a bonus)

also spectre makes junk...go to autozone youll see what i mean
    Well, I've owned the Y-pipe for months, so it's way too late to return it. Besides, other than the welds being less ground down than I'd like, I don't see anything about it that would make it "junk". The mandrel bends are smooth and flawless, and the weld, if not completely attractive, seems totally solid.

Besides all that, I scoured the web for days looking for companies that offered mandrel bent 4" aluminum intake tubing, and included a Y-pipe in their offerings, and Spectre was the only one I found. My point is, criticism is only helpful if it is accompanied by suggestions or advice. If you have a suggestion on an alternate source for 4" mandrel bent aluminum intake tubing, I'll be happy to entertain it.

Ultimately, like most people on the forum, I know what I want. I came on the forum to figure out how to make it happen. Not to hear how it's not going to be the fastest thing on the street or whatever. Keep in mind, I still have to drive this thing 80 miles every day. Gas mileage, comfort, and budget take priority over gas-guzzling power anyday in my garage.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's input so far. The build starts tomorrow. If anyone wants to follow the build, pics will be posted during the build here:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Executioner/127958413884312

"The Executioner"

(More pics here)
    Track The Executioner on Facebook
    2004 GTO (LS1)
    K&N FIPK (dual ram-air "under construction")
    2.75" exhaust, high flow cats, x-pipe, & Spintech "mufflers"
    Wilwood brakes, 14" rotors w/ 6 pistons in front, 4 pistons rear
    Pedders drag springs
    245/35/19 & 275/30/19
    Banshee hood (carbon fiber), RK Sport front bumper, one-off rear bumper

by no means am i criticizing to bash your ideas...but you are deleting a MAF, running SD tune which sosts credits, moving a radiator and battery....for what maybe 6whp if done correctly?>

i know you want to be the first, i just dont want you to be the first to have a terrible intake

My suggestion...maggie

/thread

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

haha so everytime you fill up and everytime you go to walmart you want everyone to see a y pipe and think omg how did u do that?

There is a reason everyone does the things similiar, it has been proven and it works. Being different=/=Cool

Guys if you are going to criticize I will just delete your posts. If he is asking for help to make something work then answer the questions at hand. If not, don't try to change someones mind. People do things to make their car their own. Also, you can run SD without using credits as well.

I don't see him criticizing your 2 tone paint job. How much work and trouble was that? Why not paint it all the same color? See where I am going? It is what makes us different. Some people like a challenge or to be able to express creativity.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

i think it's cool, and should work just fine with proper attention to the tune. years ago i did a similar setup on an s10 with tpi v8 and 5 speed in it (also my daily-logged over 100k in it!), and the "attention" it got was overwhelming. should be much easier with your setup and the tuning capability it offers.

for what it's worth, i saw no loss in power or economy whatsoever....