Thread: STS-V, Need Help Tuning or Suggestions

STS-V, Need Help Tuning or Suggestions

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and I have a huge issue at hand. My 06' STS-V has an over drive pulley on the super charger and a methenal injection system. It was tuned in California at around 570HP; however, I have the vehicle in Michigan now and I am flagging a P0171 and P0174 (Bank 1 and 2 Lean condition). I have searched for vacum leaks and issues with the MAP sensor without finding any issues. I am concerned that the dealership switched my tuned map with the stock map. Because I am over spinning the super charger, maybe the car is sensing too much oxygen and not enough gas. Does anyone know of a good high performance shop in Michigan that uses HP or EFI tuner? Is the software easy to use and would anyone recommend that I buy my own HP tuner software and hardware for this car? If I went this route, what does it cost to get setup so I can tune my vehicle? I am an engineer but I have little experience with tuning the fuel maps for cars...should I go it alone or hire a professional? I have spoke with the shop in California that set this car up and they have agreed to send me the correct map for this car so it should be pretty easy to upload the program on to the ECU if I had access to HP or EFI tuner. Any suggestions or comments are apreciated! I apolagize for my ignorance when it comes to HP and EFI tuner.

Kind Regards,
    Justin Hodge

Justin,

If you don't feel comfortable tuning the car then I would definately seek professional assistance.-j

Justin,

Since the original shop is willing to work with you, get the HP Tuners Pro and a high quality wideband o2 sensor and as an engineer you should be able to figure it out pretty quickly.

I would highly recommend reading the PCM in your car first before simply dropping a map from your CA tuner in though. That way you can determine if the tune is the same as your tuners or whether the dealership flashed it back to stock.
    Always Support Our Troops!