Thread: PE enable set low from factory???

Tuner in Training

Question PE enable set low from factory???

I noticed that my factory 2010 camaro tune has the PE enable MAP set to 15kpa. This seems quite low as the car idles with 40kpa with the stock motor !

Also the PE enable TPS is set to 30%.

Any comments on this? Am I missing something here? Or is my car in PE mode all the time!

I am trying to tune the new cam now and right away I notice positive fuel trims 20 25%. When I turn off the PE I go to high negative fuel trims.

Please comment.

Steve

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thats not how pe works, ALL the enablers must be met, not just one.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

ya would have to be above 15kpa and have the throttle at 30% or more to be in PE.... you have to reach both to enable PE...

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Thank you.

I checked my logs. When im steady at 40 to 50 mph I have 33% to 35% throttle (SAE) and about 40kpa. So then with this I am in PE at a steady highway cruise?

I just thought the numbers were kind of low. If you all say they are OK then nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruz-Lo View Post
    Thank you.

I checked my logs. When im steady at 40 to 50 mph I have 33% to 35% throttle (SAE) and about 40kpa. So then with this I am in PE at a steady highway cruise?

I just thought the numbers were kind of low. If you all say they are OK then nothing to worry about.
    Ya i think the values are quite low also, being in PE while cruising is not necessary, lol... try making some changes and see what you like.... keep an eye on your afr though!

Send/post a log or 2 and your tune....

5.3, 317 heads, ls6 intake, 02 ZO6 cam, hardened pushrods, PRC dual springs, FMIC, 15* timming, 18psi boost, th400 w/transbrake .... 600rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Attachment 22620

Attachment 22621

The stock tune and log are attached.

Tuner in Training
    While off topic slightly I can explaine what is driving my question.

After my Cam only install I noticed that I have very high positive fuel trims. Quite expected.

When I start to tune the VE with Bluecats software I am logging STFT. MAF COT DFCO CFCO and PE disabled. In this condition I get high negative fuel trims.

I am starting to look but have not yet found what is causing the difference? I am looking at the MAF next, but I thought it only started to work above 4K.

LOG with stock tune and CAM. Attachment 22622

Log with STFT only MAF COT DFCO CFCO and PE disabled. Attachment 22623

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    YOu can view when you go into pe by using the vcm scanner.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you Bill.

Can you guide me to the correct PID? Sorry I just cant find it.

I am very pleased BTW with the current Beta. No more issues logging etc. with the Camaro.

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Commanded afr, eq ratio, you can probably also log pe status bits which are available in many operating systems.

Advanced Tuner
    Remember on newer vehicles "PE Enable TPS" is different than on older vehicles.

Pre 2007 or so, all Enable TPS did was roughly this: "is the pedal down more than XX%?" and voila - the condition was met. This is why computers that use the older algorithm have values of (say) 80%, or 48%, 36%, etc (as RPM increases).

On newer vehicles, such as your Camaro, the table is fed into an algorithm that takes into account pedal MOVEMENT, not pedal POSITION. So, you move the pedal 30% within some invisible amount of time (invisible because the value is hidden from you - no viewable within HPTuner) and the TPS criteria is met.

Basically the new algorithm is this: "Did the pedal move more than XX% in the last second (or whatever)? If so, then the TPS condition is met."

This is why newer computers tend to have values such as "30%" across the board, like your Camaro does.

Quote Originally Posted by LazMan View Post
    Remember on newer vehicles "PE Enable TPS" is different than on older vehicles.

Pre 2007 or so, all Enable TPS did was roughly this: "is the pedal down more than XX%?" and voila - the condition was met. This is why computers that use the older algorithm have values of (say) 80%, or 48%, 36%, etc (as RPM increases).

On newer vehicles, such as your Camaro, the table is fed into an algorithm that takes into account pedal MOVEMENT, not pedal POSITION. So, you move the pedal 30% within some invisible amount of time (invisible because the value is hidden from you - no viewable within HPTuner) and the TPS criteria is met.

Basically the new algorithm is this: "Did the pedal move more than XX% in the last second (or whatever)? If so, then the TPS condition is met."

This is why newer computers tend to have values such as "30%" across the board, like your Camaro does.
    Good need to know info! Thanks!