Thread: Where does this hose go? (MAP)

Where does this hose go? (MAP)

On the back of my LS6 just below the intake manifold is the MAP sensor. There are two hoses attached to this. One is the large hose that goes to the Brake booster, the other hose is smaller, about 2 feet long, and isn't attached to anything... What should this lead to???

Thanks!

There is a small nipple on the passenger side of the manifold (if I am thinking about the same line you are describing).

A picture is worth 1000 words
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

It's hard to get a good picture back there, but here is the hose, you can't see, but it's connected to the nipple on the other end of the brake booster hose... (The sensor clip with the blue and white sticker)

Attachment 22570

and here is a picture of the passanger side of the engine, I'm not seeing anything missing?

Attachment 22571

Thanks,
    -A

Here I found a better picture on google;

Attachment 22572

The hose is connected to the smaller nipple on the back side of that manifold...

Where is the hose supposed to go from there????

Potential Tuner
    on a f-body it goes to hvac contols

And here is another picture I came accross:

Attachment 22573

This picture shows the map sensor attached to that nipple...

On mine, the map sensor is mounted over the top with the A's and B's lined up. as pictured in my previous post.

Should I simply plug this nipple or is it supposed to be hooked up to something via that ~2 foot long hose???

No, that nipple is there for the HVAC. Your MAP sensor is where it should be based on what you said.
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Let me clarify that last post (#6);

"Should I simply plug this nipple or is it supposed to be hooked up to something via that ~2 foot long hose???"

Should I (plug / block / seal) that nipple, or is it supposed to be hooked up to something via that ~2 foot long hose?"

You mention it's for HVAC, where specifically is the recepticle for that?

I feel like I'm blind

double, triple, and quadruple checked my firewall, Two heater hose, two A/C lines, steering, etc... but no receptacles for vacuum. It is my understanding the V uses electric motors for the climate control, not vacuum.

Ok, sorry I wasn't thinking (in Fbody world still lol)

That is very possible, never messed with one.