Thread: PO045 - Turbo Learn???

PO045 - Turbo Learn???

Any way with HPtuners to perform the vane position relearn with Hp Tuners? My buddy has a 05 3500 silverado. Or is this something that the dealer has to do with the Tech 2? The truck is out of warranty so not trying to get it fixed under warranty, just need to get it fixed. His truck is spitting and sputtering under heavy acceleration. We do have a tune on it right now. Any ideas anyone?
    98 F150

Senior Tuner
    The turbo learn can only be done by a tech 2. That being said I have just reinstalled a tune(write entire) over the current one before and been ok. Did this code pop up with over/underboost as well? Usually this happens because you are commanding more boost then the maximum vane postition for that area allows.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    The turbo learn can only be done by a tech 2. That being said I have just reinstalled a tune(write entire) over the current one before and been ok. Did this code pop up with over/underboost as well? Usually this happens because you are commanding more boost then the maximum vane postition for that area allows.
    I had added more boost, but that was over a year and a half ago. This issue just popped up within the last 3 months.
    98 F150