Thread: LS3 GMPP E67 controller engine wont start

Tuner in Training

LS3 GMPP E67 controller engine wont start

Hi everyone,

Having a some trouble here and need some help. I just swaped a 2008 LS3 corvette engine into my 1999 Chevy S10 Blazer mated to a T56 6 speed manual, using a Brand New GMPP E67 LS3 engine controller.
    Here's the problem, I start the engine and it will start for 3 seconds RPM's go up to 2000 then down to 1000 and shuts off. After it shuts off it wont start again. I check the injectors and with a noid injector light and no power to the injectors, I checked for spark and no spark. I check the fuel pressure and its always there from 56-60 PSI when it cranks. I can also hear the fuel pump when it's on.
    So now I don't have power to the injectors or spark. there is something inside the ECM shutting it off. the only way the engine will run again is if I disconnect the battery for a few seconds reconnect it and then it will start again and shut off after 3 seconds.
    when the engine runs I see the noid injector light go on, but after the 3 seconds it shuts off and I try cranking the engine again the noid injector light dosen't light up anymore.
    This GMPP E67 ECM does not come with VATS as an option, I thought it would be VATS too. There is no VATS here

Also my factory guages work, the RPM's work and the Oil Pressure guage works
    the engine harness was custom made by Current Performance
    Last edited by nycblazer; 02-14-2010 at 10:18 AM.
    1999 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr w/2008 LS3 Corvette 6.2L mated to a t56.

Advanced Tuner
    scan tool, any codes, data, cam / crank signals?
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    scan tool, any codes, data, cam / crank signals?
    got this code from the scanner

P0512 Starter Signal Circuit
    P0102 MAF or VAF

after I deselected p0512 from the engine diagnostic DTC tab I don't get the P0512.

now I only get P0102 MAF or VAF

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you might have a wiring issue of some sort.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Very good and*informative*exchange*..*Thank you!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah, gmpp disables vats so we don't need to worry about that end of things on these pcm's, the only thing you really have to be concerned with is wiring issues when theres a no start situation. They tried to make these things as plug & play as possible from the factory.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

did you ever get this resolved?
    i have all gmpp setup (ecu and their harness/pedal, etc) and it won't start because the injectors are getting zero ms open time.
    have cranking rpm, airflow, temps, etc. but the injectors don't budge.
    Attached Files Attached Files

this is crazy because the wire harness is made for an ls3 and why you would ship it for use with something other than ls3, i really don't get. but we found gm part 12627501, a cam conversion harness, as an option for the kit.

fired instantly.

guess the engine won't run, even in limp or batch mode, without a cam signal. and it won't give you a code for anything cam either. tried cranking it with no cam sensor and same result - cranking rpm but no start.

also, you might not need the conversion harness. all it does is swap pin 1 for 3 and 3 for 1.

hope this helps someone.