Thread: Speedo correct but scanner different

Speedo correct but scanner different

I have searched and found plenty of threads on how to fix the speedo issue when changing wheels and diff ratios.

My speedo is reading correct or at least within 1 - 2% of the installed GPS.

However the scanner will show a slower speed of around 5 - 10% at lower speeds and increases in a non-linear fashion as the speed increases.

Is there a fix for this? or has anyone else had this issue?

LS2 - E40 - M6 - 3.91 Diff and 19" wheels

I have put the stock values back in and re-calculated the tire size using the roll out method and as I said the GPS and Speedo read very much the same however the scanner shows slower speeds.
    2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by stomper View Post
    I have searched and found plenty of threads on how to fix the speedo issue when changing wheels and diff ratios.

My speedo is reading correct or at least within 1 - 2% of the installed GPS.

However the scanner will show a slower speed of around 5 - 10% at lower speeds and increases in a non-linear fashion as the speed increases.

Is there a fix for this? or has anyone else had this issue?

LS2 - E40 - M6 - 3.91 Diff and 19" wheels

I have put the stock values back in and re-calculated the tire size using the roll out method and as I said the GPS and Speedo read very much the same however the scanner shows slower speeds.
    In your VZ clubbie?

Senior Tuner
    Is the speedo set to GMLAN or Calibration?

Quote Originally Posted by BBA View Post
    Is the speedo set to GMLAN or Calibration?
    Not sure as I do not have the toggle option in the Speed limiter section, I only have the choice of Speed Limiter and Speed limiter 2 and both are set to 512km/h. As I am able to do that I am guessing it is Calibration by default.

LSX378 - Yes
    2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj