Thread: Toyota Tundra

Potential Tuner

Toyota Tundra

Any chance of some tuning ever coming out for the 5.7L Toyota Tundra?

Potential Tuner

Tundra Tuning

I teach the "Power & Performance" class at UTI and we just purchased a 2007 Tundra 5.7L and made our first run on the Dyno in stock trim. (Many mods will come soon) This is a VERY hot truck right now and students have been asking for one to test and tune for a while. It hits a wall at 5800 RPM as you can see by the attached Dyno print out. (The blue line is 2nd gear and the red is 3rd gear of the same run) One of the subjects we teach here is PCM Tuning and I know this truck has a lot more potential! You don't have to search long to find that a lot of people are looking for a tuning solution for this vehicle and who ever comes out with one will get alot of exposure through our school. At this campus alone we have over 2500 students, and we have schools all over the nation. Please work fast and come up with something, it will benefit us both.
    Thank You,
    Mr. Riley
    Super Street Team Leader
    Avondale AZ

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Riley View Post
    I teach the "Power & Performance" class at UTI and we just purchased a 2007 Tundra 5.7L and made our first run on the Dyno in stock trim. (Many mods will come soon) This is a VERY hot truck right now and students have been asking for one to test and tune for a while. It hits a wall at 5800 RPM as you can see by the attached Dyno print out. (The blue line is 2nd gear and the red is 3rd gear of the same run) One of the subjects we teach here is PCM Tuning and I know this truck has a lot more potential! You don't have to search long to find that a lot of people are looking for a tuning solution for this vehicle and who ever comes out with one will get alot of exposure through our school. At this campus alone we have over 2500 students, and we have schools all over the nation. Please work fast and come up with something, it will benefit us both.
    Thank You,
    Mr. Riley
    Super Street Team Leader
    Avondale AZ
    Problem is there's not much information on these pcm's readily available making our job much more difficult, I don't see a solution anytime soon for these.

Aren't these one of the trucks involved in that massive recall?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner

Toyota Tundra

Bill,
    Thanks for your reply. I will keep checking back.

Yes these are the ones with the "carpet mat" Recall but we don't have carpet mats. :-)

I believe it's a potential manufacturing defect in the drive-by-wire throttle pedal, not a floor mat / carpet issue.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by Billf6531 View Post
    I believe it's a potential manufacturing defect in the drive-by-wire throttle pedal, not a floor mat / carpet issue.
    Regards,

Brian Turner

Dyno Tune Motorsports
    Dyno Tuning and Remote Tuning For Ford - GM - Chrysler Vehicles

Click Here For Dyno Tune Motorsports

1988 Ford Mustang GT INCON Systems TT
    331 Cubic Inches - Corn - 808 RWHP 918 RWTQ

Advanced Tuner
    that is classic Brian ^

unfortunately people have lost their lives because of it

as far as tundra performance a friend of mine ran 14.1's on a box stock truck , cool night , low tank , spare & tailgate removed , iced betwen rounds.

intake ,exhaust tune should be a mid 13's truck....
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No tuning but you should be able to scan most obd2 vehicles with the newest beta, if you'd care to test it out on some foreign vehicles shoot support an email with your serial number & the subject generic obd2 scanning beta tester
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by soap94 View Post
    There is something new about all new 2018 toyota tundra
    Yeah.... No floor mats...;-)