Thread: Says i need to licenses my car again?

Says i need to licenses my car again?

I took my car into the dealer last week to get 2 recalls fixed along with a P0601 code that came up. The dealer ended up replacing my ECM because of the P0601 code. Got the car back and everything is all good.

Anyways, this morning i wanted to throw my tune back in. Read the new ECM again but HPT wants me to relicenses my car. I already paid the 2 credits quite a while ago to licenses my car and the VIN still matches. Why would HPT want me to licenses my car again? Or am i just doing something wrong.

Thanks
    Jim
    Photos
    320 rwhp/340 ft-lb
    1/4 mile: 13.33 @ 105 mph

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    This is pretty normal when you replace the pcm in your vehicle whether to install a mail order tuned pcm or a new, replacement pcm. This is explained in our help file.

Take caution when:

• If you download a file from the internet and try to write it into your vehicle,
      when you try to write the vehicle you will be prompted to license the file first.
      After you license the file, if you have not licensed your own vehicle yet, you will yet again be prompted to license your vehicle using additional credits.
    • If you purchase a spare VCM for your vehicle and wish to write your file into it,
      you will still need to license the spare VCM when you try to write it.
      If the spare VCM is of the same year/model type as a year/model or vehicle group license which you already have, you will not be prompted to license the VCM as you will already have licensed support for that VCM.
    This is one reason we give you 8 credits so that if, for some reason, you ever need to replace your pcm you are covered.

-Bill
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"