Thread: problem with histograms

problem with histograms

I am tuning an 07 z06 and it keeps saying that the ve-afr error% table in not supported...
    I've been reading here to see if maybe I forgot something and I just can't get it to work...
    I have the afr comand hi res, engine rpm, afr error, map, maf, dynamic cylinder air, fuel trim cell, and other ones as well in the primary table, this thing is driving me nuts

another issue thats going on is that I can only log about 16minutes worth of data and then it doesn't log anymore because it's at 100% full memory..and the transfers from my interface to my laptop take a while as well as the logs not playing as fast as they did when I play the logs from my z28..

something seems extremely strange and I'm not liking it

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Seems normal to me, also sounds like you need to make a custom histogram to me as 07 ZO6's don't have a primary VE table which is probably what your current histogram is based off of.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

so how exactly would I make a custom histo, I figured the scanner would be an=ble to calculate as long as it knows the commanded afr and the actual based off the wide band, didn't think that the way the ecm figures aout the airfuel would have anything to do with the histogram...

and so your saying that it's normal to only beable to log 16 minutes of data when logging a c6 zo6..... because I can log about 80 minutes woth of data in my 98z28

thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    so how exactly would I make a custom histo, I figured the scanner would be an=ble to calculate as long as it knows the commanded afr and the actual based off the wide band, didn't think that the way the ecm figures aout the airfuel would have anything to do with the histogram...
    Using the configure histograms window

and so your saying that it's normal to only beable to log 16 minutes of data when logging a c6 zo6..... because I can log about 80 minutes woth of data in my 98z28
    Your 12 year old 98 Z28 uses a 12 year old pcm with 12 year old technology that spits out 10 frames per second. Your 2007 ZO6 uses a cutting edge E38 pcm that can spit out upwards of 50 frames per second.

The higher the frame rate the more data coming in filling up the onboard memory in the MPVI interface.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"