Thread: New with HPTuners, Check Oil light - can use a hand please!

Potential Tuner

New with HPTuners, Check Oil light - can use a hand please!

I am completely new with HPTuners and recently had my Check Oil light come on a couple days ago. I checked the oil and it was a little low so I added about half a quart and everything was fine until yesterday all of a sudden the Check Oil light came on again and my car shut off on me while I was driving, I checked the oil again and it was fine, so I started it back up and it sounded pretty much like a diesel engine and it was making a lot of noise from the valve train area..I was able to baby it home which was only a mile or so away. Anyway I was able to get a short log file, keep in mind this was a fresh start up this morning from 34 degrees weather..I am in a bit of a rush right now, was hoping to get some responses by the time I get back this afternoon if anyone could let me know if the scan looks normal for an '05 cammed gto, 3600 stall, headers, etc. Thanks.

home.comcast.net/~v0n/scan.hpl

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like a mechanical issue to me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Try logging oil pressure and see if you have any. In the GTO the Check Oil light means that you do not have sufficient oil pressure.

They need to change that warning to new engine required lol. By the time the check oil light comes on it's to late. Ask me how I know. OP have you resolved this yet? Could just be a bad sensor as well but I doubt it since you have mechanical noises going on.
    Last edited by Ironmancan; 01-18-2010 at 01:59 PM.
    06 Twin Turbo GTO