Thread: 60 - 120 in 10.01sec

60 - 120 in 10.01sec

I think it got lost on the 'other' forum so here it is. KR is gone FINALLY! Seafoam must have gotten rid of Vinces' carbon buildup.

Seeing 24-25 lbs boost with the .030 pill in there tapering down after 5300 or so to 19 psi @ 6800 rpm.

60-100 was around 5.1 sec. 3-4 shift at 6750 rpm. Lots of clutch slip in 3rd or the time would have been better.

Once again, thanks for all the help T2!
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    congrats sir

Thank you, kindly.

Put a clutch in the car, you won't regret it.

Did mine 3 sheets to the wind in a day. EDIT: Actually 2 days I guess... I got sleepy and quit early.

Planning one in the spring if things work out. Never did a FWD clutch though, just the old Malibu SS years ago. I don't know if I could do it or not.

Its honestly not a big deal. Have you seen those old LSJ performance books GM put out? In one of them they have them doing the clutch on a Ion Redline. There are a couple tricks that make it an even easier job. IE: Don't remove the steering rack from the car, just unbolt it from the subframe.

80% of the job is removing the subframe from the car really.

The only other pain (or I thought) was getting the fuse box out to reach the bolts on top of the transmission.

More than anything I don't trust anyone else to work on my cars. I hate how people impact bolts back on and such. I don't trust people to put my cars on lifts properly either. Seems like I always end up with a caved in floor pan from dummies. Maybe theres a mature Cobalt/Ion owner in your area that would help you, but most of those kids I wouldnt want near my house/car either... so I would totally understand if you farmed out the work

What clutch are you thinking of going with? I put the Spec 3+ in mine and... considering putting a hypersingle in. The Spec chatters pretty bad on my car in stop & go driving, which I expected.

I'm waiting to see what Matt comes up with, if anything or prob the Exedy Hypersingle. We'll see in the spring. I'm considering a road trip to get it done by Matt's group.

You guys have it easy on the clutch swaps. In a kappa it takes 10+ hours of labor, if you've done it before.

Geez, you'd think a RWD platform would be easier.

Very nice! Would be nice if mine would do that

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    Geez, you'd think a RWD platform would be easier.
    Have to drop the diff