Thread: My little Hptuners app, automatically applies scanner data

Senior Tuner

My little Hptuners app, automatically applies scanner data

I asked a question on the board the other day about key strokes for different tables/histograms and such and thought to myself, hell. If I can get in and around the scanner and editor with key strokes I should be able to write a little script to automatically apply scanner data to editor.

So the past week in my off time I wrote a little program that applies histogram data to the editor. It also takes data from the editor and exports it to excel in case you want to do some more math on it. For instance I use a spreadsheet to make sure my spark tables are in descending order with increasing airmass/cyl.

Here's a short video of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/user/rooster4.../1/n8RsJCC1haQ

I'll have to say, its not exactly stable. I had it working flawlessly last week until I installed the new beta. Now its all screwy again. I'm going to try it on a few machines locally and if it seems stable again I'll post it up.

Next up I want to make a script to automatically apply Histogram data to RTT editor and clear fuel trims/scanner data. I'm thinking I can do it in a way where the program runs in the background and waits for a key like say F5 for instance. The advantage there would be that you wouldn't have to look down while driving.. I mean uh sitting on the side of the road

The Read-Me file, give you an idea of whats going on.

The purpose of this program is not to replace the tuner but rather make the process a little more automatic.

Setting the program up.

Step 1.

Open config.csv

Column 1 = Location of scanner configuration file to be used.
    Column 2 = Force Scanner config load. Handy if your getting logs from someone not using the same config
    Column 3 = Tab required for editor? Default is 0. Don't mess with this unless you continue to have errors
    Column 4 = Tab required for scanner? Default is 1. Don't mess with this unless you continue to have errors
    Column 5 = Use Excel for extra math. 1 = Yes, Data will be pasted at starting A1, and re-read at cell starting A50. Excel must be installed, excel file must be named tablemath.xls and in same directory.

Step 2.

Open HistogramConfig.csv

Column 1 = Table name EXACTLY as it appears in your favorites window. Name must match EXACTLY, no extra spaces, case sensitive. To see favorites window use Control-F
    Column 2 = Corresponding Histogram number 1-10 only
    Column 3 = How is data to be pasted in Editor? 1 Paste Add, 2 Paste Multiply %, 3 Paste Multiply %/2
    Column 4 = Smooth entire selection? 1 yes
    Column 5 = Use excel to do extra math. See above. Note Column 3 in config.csv needs to be = 1

Step 3.

Open VCM Editor

Be sure the tables you wish to edit are in your favorite’s window

Step 4.

Open log file

Step 5.

Run Program

To Operate:
    Open Editor and Scanner. Make sure no messages are up like Beta Warning/Info. Run exe file.

Bugs:

1. Histograms must be in the statistics mode desired IE Average, etc. Tip. If you close the scanner using average, and you never change it, it will stay in average.
    2. May not detect all errors
    3. Setup for Beta version 2.23x

Tips:

Care to use this on different platforms? Have a few different ways you'd like to use this? Create a few extra folders and make shortcuts for each .exe named something different. Inside these folders the filenames must remain the same however their contents can differ. For instance; Speed Density Tuning, Late Gen 4 single MAF, Late Gen 4 Multiple MAF, VE Correct only, VE + Spark + Idle Correct, etc.

Coming Next:

GUI Interface to support multiple configs, option to enable or disable individual tables/histograms.

Last edited by Alvin; 01-04-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

:ears:
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Is this something you offer or what? Also can you post any of the readme file to see what going on? Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I asked a question on the board the other day about key strokes for different tables/histograms and such and thought to myself, hell. If I can get in and around the scanner and editor with key strokes I should be able to write a little script to automatically apply scanner data to editor.

So the past week in my off time I wrote a little program that applies histogram data to the editor. It also takes data from the editor and exports it to excel in case you want to do some more math on it. For instance I use a spreadsheet to make sure my spark tables are in descending order with increasing airmass/cyl.

Here's a short video of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/user/rooster4.../1/n8RsJCC1haQ

I'll have to say, its not exactly stable. I had it working flawlessly last week until I installed the new beta. Now its all screwy again. I'm going to try it on a few machines locally and if it seems stable again I'll post it up.

Next up I want to make a script to automatically apply Histogram data to RTT editor and clear fuel trims/scanner data. I'm thinking I can do it in a way where the program runs in the background and waits for a key like say F5 for instance. The advantage there would be that you wouldn't have to look down while driving.. I mean uh sitting on the side of the road

The Read-Me file, give you an idea of whats going on.

Advanced Tuner
    hey look , its autotune

cool stuff

wow, now that's cool!
    BION
    StarCaller

Tuner in Training
    If you could set this up on a timer in RTT (instead of F5), Say every 5 or 10 seconds it updates from the historgram data, clears the historgram, and starts counting again.......

AUTOTUNE!!!!

I do something similar with a Macro...
    jitbit macro recorder...
    and you can set it to repeat "x" amount of times
    I set it to play with a button push...and it does all the work for me...
    I just set the deal to like 30 seconds or a minute or 5 minutes or whatever I feel is necessary for the moment... tell it to repeat 100 times.. cancel it when I'm done...

you can even turn it into an exe and run it from a double click... it will even automatically open the software and start everything up for me... start the car...double click the .exe....

set it and forget it

I use it while using RTT...so it is autotune for me..
    made one for the VE and one for MAF
    I'm sure I could easily make one for timing, and other tables as well if I felt like it...
    -Scott -

Lightbulb

Very interested in this Scott - any more details?

Like I said.....

Jitbit macro recorder
    google it and you should find all the info you want
    -Scott -