Thread: Stage Kit plus HPT

Tuner in Training

Stage Kit plus HPT

What numbers are people gaining over just the stage kit? I also have a feeling that when I do the HPT I'll need a new clutch LOL
    (Jeff's 2008 HHR SS/TC), 5 speed, Black / Black) 15.xx @ 99.4 MPH stock
    New Mods: GM Stage 1 Kit, K&N Filter, Hahn Catted DP, Crazysteve IC, DEJON IC Piping

( 98 Z28 A4) Sold

Advanced Tuner
    Your clutch will be fine. I've used stock clutch up to 405fwhp on the LNF.

Stage kit with modest tuning will get you atleast 20 more horses.

Advanced Tuner
    Stock clutch cant handle the torque of the stage kit with a tune, did that lnf have a turbo upgrade? If so then it doesnt have the low end 25-30psi that the stock turbo does... My tune only hhr ss can barely handle 3rd gear down low. Remember the hhr has a few hundred more pounds, little more gear too.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah it had a turbo swap. But I've done a few 315fwhp/369fwtq stock turbos and they hold. Now if you beat the heck out of your clutch and glaze it then it won't hold anything. But a properly driven and cared for one will hold.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I just need a little more passing power. I used to be a light to light racing guy but now I putt around.. LOL People at work say I drive like an old man... HA

Steve, I will find a day after next payday to meet up with you.If I can get above 300 WHP I'll be happy.
    (Jeff's 2008 HHR SS/TC), 5 speed, Black / Black) 15.xx @ 99.4 MPH stock
    New Mods: GM Stage 1 Kit, K&N Filter, Hahn Catted DP, Crazysteve IC, DEJON IC Piping

( 98 Z28 A4) Sold

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    do we have a graph from a gmpp stg 2 cobalt with aditional tuning?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Stage 2? You mean a sc? Just hpt tuning will put you at that mark without the gmpp kit. Why did you get the turbo upgrade in the first place, to read over 22.5psi or for the extra power over stock?