Thread: cobalt ss/sc help with idle issue

Tuner in Training

cobalt ss/sc help with idle issue

i'm using a tune that was previously on the car (that worked great), and also trying a different canned tune from a shop and having some major issues. I don't know what could be causing the problem on this, the logfile attached is of the car just idling.

from what i can see the maf looks ok, but not sure why the map is reading 100+kpa. the only way that the car would idle without surging and dying is if i hold the bypass valve on the supercharger open, with my hand.

i triple checked the vacuum lines, and don't think it's the maf because everything worked perfect when i took it apart a few days ago. now with the ported TB and supercharger with 60# injectors, it just won't run properly. It seems that it will run ok as long as you're keeping the revs at 2500+, but i don't want to rev it high if there's an actual problem with something.

if anyone can help with this it would be greatly appreciated. i'm not sure if the map sensor could cause this, or if those readings are normal for an idling car, because i don't have any log files to compare it to.

Can you post the tune you are running as well?

Kevin

Tuner in Training
    Will do when I get back in town.

The thing that was getting my attention was that the map sensor was picking up 100+kpa at idle, and I think that amount of boost would only be possible with a 2.8" pulley at over 3500-4000rpm

100 kPa would be 0 PSI and 0 Vacuum.. Thats atmospheric pressure.

So, maybe you have a massive vacuum leak?

Tuner in Training
    i wasn't thinking of this before, but do you think the 100kpa would be a result of me holding the bypass valve open?

i'll try it out again today and see what the readings are with me revving it and not touching the bypass valve

When I saw the MAP readings fluctuate I thought maybe you had a bypass valve problem. That could cause some issues if you were forcing it open.

Kevin