Thread: ETC Scalar Area leave to stock value with LS2 TB

Advanced Tuner

ETC Scalar Area leave to stock value with LS2 TB

I've quite finished to tune my car.

Corvette C5 : 336/339/113 Cam, TFS 215 Head 61cc, Ported LS TB2, Ported Fast 92, SVO Red DEvils injectors (greg banish's DVD).
    VE,MAF, Idle Airflow, timing.

All is quite perfect, sometimes the car stall when the engine is cold, I was ready to go the the dyno to tune the octane table when I look to my etc scalar : I have forget to change it and leave it to stock : 0.255...

okay ... so I have changed it to 0.192 : the car not idle. I've change to Idle Airflow, the AFR was too lean, I've correct the VE table, Add 6 degres of timing : the idle is quite good, rev it a little : stall. Drive around the neighborhodd : stall stall;

Well I'm perfectionnist, and it piss me off to leave the etc scalar to stock... but the car is so perfect.
    So I've taken a look to the tune repository (Fast/LS2), all the tune have leave the etc scalar to stock.

My question is : I am really the only one ? Should I leave it like that ? Should I change my etc scalar and play with the overspeed/underspeed, throttle cracker, throttle follower; etc ... ?
    Last edited by Brice; 01-02-2010 at 11:49 AM.

It maybe worth while having a read through this thread.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24809
    2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj

I have a similar set up to yours, slightly less cam 228/228 113*.

Terrible off & return to idle transitions until the TB was rescaled. It would idle decently with either number in the scaler once the Airflow was set correctly.

My suggestion is to correctly set the scaler, reload the stock tune. Re do the running Airflow & you should a good starting point.

I solved some of the kinky drive ability things.....some not yet. I may be able to help a bit.

Advanced Tuner
    here is my (very) cold idle...with stock scalar... pretty good ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqALMEP1isM

Advanced Tuner
    It's OKAY now !

Here were my mistake : My mechanics didn't have installed the PCV valve.
    With the pcv valve on, the car didn't start ...
    and ... the pcv tube was plugged in the air filter. (no pcv provision in the LS2 TB)

I have re intall the pcv valve, drill an hole in the coupler between the tb and the maf. The air wasn't mesured by the MAF !

I have set the etc scalar to 0.0195. add +1 to the RAF :the car start and idle well!

Just the tuning VE table,grag banish injectors data, configured RAF and add 4 degree idle timing(all over : the idle is perfect.)

Going to dyno tomorrow !

any updates on this? how did it turn out?
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado SS
    L92 Heads/ L92 Truck Intake
    OBX LT Headers
    Custom Ridings 3200 Stall Converter/Built Trans
    6 Piston ZO6 Brakes/ 2 pc 15" Front rotors