Thread: looking for some input to my tune

Tuner in Training

looking for some input to my tune

Hi guys

i have a vy ss ute with a vortech supercharger 7 lb boost intercooled ...fast 92mm mainfold and 92mm big mouth tb ....pacemaker headers 4 to 1 3" cats 2.5 " cat back......

now it goes well ....just looking for some input about on my tune ...so feel free to have alook and make suggestions on it ...

thanks guys

Are you able to post your config file?

Your injectors are maxed out...
    Would be good to eliminate the KR

PE - you are only commanding 12.5, which maybe a little lean.
    BE - is set to enable at 205kpa which your mods will never reach

Have you applied the 2Bar OS and done a "write entire"?
    again would like a config file for the scanner.
    2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj

Tuner in Training

thanks

i have just attached me config .....tuning is pretty new to me so thanks for ur help

im working on removing the KR and i think ill try get me ute running alittle richer

cheers

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up

i have done a 2 bar OS .....saying my injectors are maxed out ..does mean i need bigger injectors ???

Yep larger injectors...anything over 95% duty cycle is time for an upgrade.
    You may want to visit your fuel system as well.
    2006 HSV Dealer Team - Club Sport - Daily Driver
    Custom suspension, Custom dual stainless 3" exhaust, 1 7/8 custom ceramic headers, LS3 416ci, 2.3 Lt SC 13psi, Triple Carbon Extreme clutch, Dual Walbro externals, 80lb inj

Tuner in Training
    yeah i have a walbro intank fuel pump.....the injectors came with the supercharger 42lb now i just gotta work out how to get it running richer

Tuner
    Set boost enrich EQ v rpm to 1.225 and dial it in using scanner and main ve table
    Last edited by lukearmstrong; 01-03-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: silly mistake
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

1. Spend a lot of time reading the threads in here and the help file system in your HPT system.

2. Id drop a few more * of timing out of your main spark tables for safer tuning untill you get your fueling setup right.

3. For starters your injector settings are way off, thats why your inj usage is so high but in fact its not really. 42lb inj should be good for 500+rwhp in your setup and with what your running i doubt your at that level yet.

4. Your PE table should be getting a little richer at the top to blend it into your BE region (1.17-1.21).

5. Your BE isnt active till 205kpa which is 15psi, you will only be going to around 135-155kpa which means the table isnt working and your not getting your richer commanded fuel. You want to activate the table at 100-110kpa. Your fuel ratio is all right in the boost area for a base setting.

6. In your open loop fuel table id be setting the whole area between 70-110*c to 1.0, there is no need for this table to be adding fuel to your tune once you have the rest setup properly.

7. In cat over temp set the max enrichment to 1.0 aswell, even though you have COT off there has been cases where the on/off switch doesnt work(this is just a back up thing).

8. Id probably back off the IAT spark advance up to 50*c as with your supercharger setup your going to be running higher intake temps all the time(my opinion anyway).

Q's are you using a wideband to tune with? are you tuning in open loop? do you turn off your DFCO while tuning?
    Give it a go yourself first, if it doesnt work out then pay someone.

Tuner in Training
    i'm tuning in open loop and as for the dfco ...its on while tuning i think as i havent turned it of in the pass
    ill have alook at the injector settings but as im new to the tuning side of things i may have to get the car tuned by a pro ...

just like to say thanks to all u guys for ur input

you wanna turn your dfco while tuning as it will make your ve tuning more difficult as it will be putting the car into sudden lean conditions causing spikes and rough transitions.
    I normally turn off LTFT, CL fueling, DFCO and STFT, it will make tuning a hell of a lot easier for you during the process.
    If you get your tune done by a workshop they will most likely lock it so you cant read it or modify it, not many shops will tune for you with your software unless you have a real damn good relationship with them.
    There are plenty of guys here that are more than willing to help you if you want it?
    Where about are you located? you may find there might be another tuner not far away that might give you some 1 on 1 help.
    If you would like some further help just send us a pm, im happy to share some tunes and configs with you or if in nsw somewhere give some more help.
    cheers tim
    Last edited by Delft Calais; 01-04-2010 at 06:26 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Delft Calais View Post
    you wanna turn your dfco while tuning as it will make your ve tuning more difficult as it will be putting the car into sudden lean conditions causing spikes and rough transitions.
    I normally turn off LTFT, CL fueling, DFCO and STFT, it will make tuning a hell of a lot easier for you during the process.
    If you get your tune done by a workshop they will most likely lock it so you cant read it or modify it, not many shops will tune for you with your software unless you have a real damn good relationship with them.
    There are plenty of guys here that are more than willing to help you if you want it?
    Where about are you located? you may find there might be another tuner not far away that might give you some 1 on 1 help.
    If you would like some further help just send us a pm, im happy to share some tunes and configs with you or if in nsw somewhere give some more help.
    cheers tim

That's bloody brilliant of u mate, even though ur not helping me it's good to know your willing to do that for someone, mighty impressive most tuners Ive dealt with have there head shoved so far up the arse they wouldn't know weathers it's day or night
    06 F6 typhoon, DEKA 60lb, walbro intank, 12psi actuator, 36mm ported internal gate, dump, cat, plazmaman 1100hp cooler and plenum kit... 348RWKW....(SOLD) SAVE FUEL TUNE LEAN AND REMEMBER PING IS POWER!!!*********MASSIVE THANKS TO ROB @ MONSTA TORQUE*******

Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong View Post
    That's bloody brilliant of u mate, even though ur not helping me it's good to know your willing to do that for someone, mighty impressive most tuners Ive dealt with have there head shoved so far up the arse they wouldn't know weathers it's day or night
    Nice of you for the comment, im not a pro tuner but i do spend alot of time on my own tuning and i also work with a workshop here helping them with their tuning, we find it quicker and alot more thorough with the 2 of us tuning with any serious cars that come through and atm we have a few goody's around, ve maloo ls2 vortec blower and a big arse cam, votec blown ls1 with another big arse cam going in, a pair of stalled head & cammed cars ls1 and ls2 not to mention rb20's,25's and rb30's and so on. Good learning for me regards the non gm stuff but eeven every gm is different so they all represent their own little issues.

Im trying to convince the other tuner to switch over to hpt for the ford guys instead of the sct gear.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Delft Calais View Post
    Nice of you for the comment, im not a pro tuner but i do spend alot of time on my own tuning and i also work with a workshop here helping them with their tuning, we find it quicker and alot more thorough with the 2 of us tuning with any serious cars that come through and atm we have a few goody's around, ve maloo ls2 vortec blower and a big arse cam, votec blown ls1 with another big arse cam going in, a pair of stalled head & cammed cars ls1 and ls2 not to mention rb20's,25's and rb30's and so on. Good learning for me regards the non gm stuff but eeven every gm is different so they all represent their own little issues.

Im trying to convince the other tuner to switch over to hpt for the ford guys instead of the sct gear.
    yeah I'm same done/doing my own f6, done one ls1 otr n exhaust, found a dyno to use recently so gonna run with that for now learning as I go... I've never used sct but I've heard it's brilliant for ford in comparison to HPT. I want to get some big cars under my belt but all in good time, once I get mine finished it should hopefully sell itsself to a couple of potentail customers, always good to have a second head to bounce ideas off aye... How long ago did u start tuning, I think my age hinders mr trying to tune, 19 yrs old is pretty young for someone to entrust their pride and joy, but I'll get there

Tuner in Training
    im in wa when im home ....i think luke is over this way as well

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightso View Post
    im in wa when im home ....i think luke is over this way as well

Yes in kalgoorlie, u in Perth?