Thread: Cadillac STS V 2008 model V8

Tuner in Training carseat-qatar's Avatar

Cadillac STS V 2008 model V8

Guys does anyone know if we can Upgrade a Cadillac STS V 2008 model V8?ive check in the support list of vehicles and find Cadillac STS 4.4 06-08 just want to make sure this is the same model that i wanted to Upgrade.

Cheers'

Dennis

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm pretty sure they are supported ie E67 pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

OK'that will be great Many Thanks Bill' and happy Holidays to All'

Advanced Tuner
    Just so you know.. You will probably have to pull the TCM fuse after performing a read entire. Read the tune first. Afterwards, if the car doesn't start, and its giving you trouble about the trans being in D.. please shift to park - shut the car off. Pull the tcm fuse.. I forgot whether or not you turn the car to acc mode with fuse out. Try that if unplug, wait, plugin doesn't reset the tcm correctly.

Good to have another hpt sts-v on the forums. Jealous of that 62lb weight loss you have on my 2007! Must be the fender vents!

I hope you read the forums when/if this TCM problem happens.
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

usually you can just wait it out 5 min on the v and not even have to pull fuse. should only happen with first read or each time you use new computer

Anything I should know before I start tuning with this car?
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Guys just sharing of experience i have successfully reads the file for this car and Upgrade its file at 1st i try to write calibration and it wont succeed then i try write entire and its all goes well'

Thanks for the quick reply for this thread by support and some Tuners Advices.

Any more info about tuning these cars? I'm looking at a 06-07.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Our supported vehicles list http://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite_vehicles.php is pretty up to date when it comes to 06-07 applications especially.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm