Thread: couple small questions

couple small questions

Hi im new to the tuning scene. I have a basic understanding of how hptuners works but i need a starting point. Here is my first scan. I dont know why it will not allow my throttle to go past 83%? the TPS% is the throttle postion sensor correct? Anyways any little pointers on something to work on would be great. I dont know why it will not show my AFR or KR on the graph? its prolly something simple. Im looking into it right now. I made the pull about 3/4 way through the log. Thank you for any help
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Advanced Tuner
    You are not logging all the needed parameters in your table. Go to your table. The right click on an empty cell and select insert and it will give you a list of PIDs to log. If you want I can email you a ready made config file that logs everything you need to know, you just need the beta software to open my config file. First thing you need to do though is multiply your whole MAF calibration table by 0.95 because your LTFT is -6.2. That will get you closer to where you need to be there. 83% TPS is a scanner bug. It is open all the way at 83%.

Ok thank you. yea im waiting on them to email me back right now, im guessing they have some kind of bug or somethin cause i cant get the license for my car to adjust anything. il send you a pm for a email adress.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    Ok thank you. yea im waiting on them to email me back right now, im guessing they have some kind of bug or somethin cause i cant get the license for my car to adjust anything. il send you a pm for a email adress.
    I had the same issue with my car with the regular software even though it is an 08. It originally thought it was an 09 so it said invalid vin and OS pair. Just out of curiousity why are you wanting to tune your car now? I thought you already had a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    I had the same issue with my car with the regular software even though it is an 08. It originally thought it was an 09 so it said invalid vin and OS pair. Just out of curiousity why are you wanting to tune your car now? I thought you already had a tune.
    I have the 2.22 but it is showing up as a 09 now that i think about it. I do have a tune but it is a pain in the ass to try to meet up with my tuner every time i want to try something different. I will be doing the gt30 swap on my car soon so i want to be able to take the car to my friends dyno right after, he will give me a discount if all he has to do is strap the car down and go. I will also be tuning my 89 chevy truck that i am working on doing a LY5 swap in or "5.3" from a 08 chevy. It will be my real toy. PP heads, mild cam, headers, Bottle, stall, and a 373 posi in the back

Tuner in Training
    Hey Terminator2, would you mind sharing the config you use with me please? I have one that I use but it is lacking and I don't have the time to make up my own. Just let me know and I will PM you my email address. Thanks!

Sorry for the slight thread hijack.

The one thing that I couldn't do in my config was the LTFT+STFT setup. Even going through the step by step that was posted. I didn't have some of the parameters like was posted. The LTFT is worked out but STFT is a PITA! Maybe in a few months it will be better with the new mods that I will be getting?

2008 HHR SS 5-speed

HP-Tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusicp View Post
    Hey Terminator2, would you mind sharing the config you use with me please? I have one that I use but it is lacking and I don't have the time to make up my own. Just let me know and I will PM you my email address. Thanks!

Sorry for the slight thread hijack.
    PM me your email address.