Thread: Do I have unstable WB or is this normal?

Advanced Tuner

Do I have unstable WB or is this normal?

I've always been wondering how stable the closed loop wideband readings should be. In my car the AFR gauge from Innovate seems to be hovering between low 14 and low 15 when the engine is in closed loop.

So how it is, what is the normal range for example when cruising at 60 mph 6th gear in closed loop? Or in city driving?

Here's a cold start log and some city driving in cold climate, with config and tune.

Some info about the car/engine:

- the car has 2 bar COS but there's no supercharger at the moment as in my home country there's very cold winter coming...

- forged 427, 228/232 115 LSA cam, 245 cc heads, 9.8:1 compression, 60 lbs injectors (just ordered Greg's DVD by the way), boost-referenced fuel system with 58 psi base fuel pressure, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, etc.

- Innovate wideband in the cross-section of Kooks (not in the headers itself)

Can't see what your WB is doing without an equation. In CL your fueling will oscillate between 14's and 15's.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Can't see what your WB is doing without an equation. In CL your fueling will oscillate between 14's and 15's.
    Sorry, I guess I should have included the info below?

It shows how I'm using custom PID to get AFR into HPT via EGR (I think):

(Innovate has been configured to have max 20 AFR and min 10 AFR and rest of the parameters according to "sound engineer" recommendations.)

EDIT:

Sorry this one:

This is for the AFRerror%:

Last edited by Pekka_Perkeles; 12-11-2009 at 01:41 PM.