Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 64-bit Interface Installation help

Tuner in Training

Windows 7 64-bit Interface Installation help

I'm having a problem getting the drivers applied to the interface. I know how to update drivers and have already downloaded the new signed drivers. When the device is plugged into my computer, I only show 1 usb device instead of 2. So when I try to update to the new drivers, I can only modify/update that 1(for instance, I can change it to MPVI A or B, just can't do both at the same time because there is only 1 driver to update). VCM Editor is obviously not recognizing my interface because of this. Any help?
    1998 Trans-Am, m6, 4.11 rear, forged 382ci ls6, patriot stg 2 heads w/ 921 springs, 232 234 595 598 112lsa cam, ported fast 90, nw 92 tb, 36lbs svo injectors, pacesetter 1 3/4" lts, 160 stat, walbro 255 w/ wiring upgrade, slp fan harness, bosch 13111 o2's, lc1 wideband, katech tensioner, asp pulley, 4" y pipe w/ electric cutout

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    uninstall the one that installed, unplug the interface for 5 seconds, plug it back in and reinstall.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the response. I tried that several times with no luck. Each time the interface is plugged in, Windows 7 tries to automatically install driver software on its own (there is no stopping it). Once it fails, it assigns a basic "USB Composite Device" driver to the interface (but still just a single driver). When I go into device manager to update the driver to the new ones from yall, I can only update that one device.

I have now reinstalled Windows 7, but in 32bit format, to see if that helps. I had no need for the 64bit version anyway, and I didn't look forward to problems from other programs. I have no doubt ya'll could have gotten me going, I'm just saving myself some hassle in the future. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Thanks again.
    1998 Trans-Am, m6, 4.11 rear, forged 382ci ls6, patriot stg 2 heads w/ 921 springs, 232 234 595 598 112lsa cam, ported fast 90, nw 92 tb, 36lbs svo injectors, pacesetter 1 3/4" lts, 160 stat, walbro 255 w/ wiring upgrade, slp fan harness, bosch 13111 o2's, lc1 wideband, katech tensioner, asp pulley, 4" y pipe w/ electric cutout

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I will hopefully have a 64bit version of 7 to test on shortly so I'll see what I can come up with.

Tuner in Training
    Installed 32 bit version and having same problem. Can only apply 1 driver to the interface....

Tuner in Training
    It's fixed. Found my problem. Under device manager, I was only looking under USB items to find my device (and it was only showing "USB Composite Device" under this section). I finally saw that under "Other devices", the computer recognized 3 items that needed drivers updated. Updated those to the A & B drivers and all seems to work. The only item still located under "Other devices" that does not have an associated driver is something called "Coprocessor". Not sure if it has anything to do with HP Tuners or not.

For the record, the problem I was having had nothing to do with 64-bit vs 32-bit to my knowledge. It was just a matter of where I was looking to find what needed drivers applied to.

Potential Tuner
    DLC1609 - Use just save me a lot of aggravation, Thanks

Tuner in Training
    im having this same problem and have tried everything and nothing works i have even uninstalled hp tuners and nothing works please help!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mean94lt1 View Post
    im having this same problem and have tried everything and nothing works i have even uninstalled hp tuners and nothing works please help!!!
    It has nothing to do with the software & has everything to do with the drivers, just use the update drivers feature in windows 7 to update to the new signed drivers found in the help file. Did it for a customer at the sema show, took about 2 minutes start to finish.

Tuner in Training
    when i try to access the interface it says interface was not found or is not responding ..i have tried to update the drivers and nothing i do works not sure what im doing wrong?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    when i try to access the interface it says interface was not found or is not responding ..i have tried to update the drivers and nothing i do works not sure what im doing wrong?
    Download & extract the drivers to your desktop, connect your interface, go to device manager, right click on whatever drivers installed and click update drivers, done.

Tuner in Training
    how would i download and extract them to my desktop

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    how would i download and extract them to my desktop
    Demo's section can walk you through that http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5058

Tuner in Training
    i cannot find the folder onto my desktop that the demo starts with?

Tuner in Training
    i cannot do half the stuff that they say to do i cant right click on anything im having a hard time with this and getting really frustrated i read that stuff and nothing helped earlier

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you can't right click on anything it sounds to me like you have a computer problem.

Tuner in Training
    yes i did that but my computer never shows the disk not found option so i can do whats in the video i got the drivers downloaded to the desktop but i cant get any farther now

Tuner in Training
    finally got it to work but my computer was alot different than what was in the demo just to let everyone know

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    finally got it to work but my computer was alot different than what was in the demo just to let everyone know
    Yeah the demo was done with vista 32 bit, seeing as windows has dozens of different operating systems its impossible to make a demo for each.

Vista 32 home basic
    Vista 32 home premium
    Vista 32 buisness
    Vista 64 Ultimate
    Windows 7 32 home premium
    Windows 7 64 home premium
    Windows 7 64 ultimate

And thats just vista & windows 7, thats not including xp home, xp professional, xp media edition, etc

Sorry, the one demo is more than enough as not all operating systems are going to handle drivers identically its not a flaw on our end just things change so quickly in the computer world its impossible for us to tell how one os is going to handle driver installs over another. Personally I've never run into a problem and when I have its usually just a matter of uninstalling them or reinstalling, windows 7 tends to like the update drivers feature as it never fully uninstalls the drivers from what I can tell in the 64 bit version.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Down View Post
    I am still running windows 3.1
    I've got access to 32 bit vista business(junk), 32 bit vista home basic(worse junk), 32 bit vista home premium(works well for me), & window 7 32 bit RC

From day to day I use my vista home premium laptop and its been a trooper. Windows 7 looks very promising and I'll likely be buying a new laptop soon but since its a personal laptop its not a priority at the moment.