Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 7 64-bit Interface Installation help

Tuner in Training
    thank you for your help!!

Tuner in Training
    I fixed my today. It took me forever to figure it out.

I have installed HP on win 7 64Bit Home and Pro on 5 of my computers. Win 7 is a fo sure different, as stated it will insist on installing a generic driver for the interface. I use one of two methods First I will go to the device manager and direct the generic interface to the HP drivers and update. That has worked the first 3 times. If it states the drivers are the most current up to date or won’t install the HP drivers leave the interface plugged in. Go to device manager and delete the hardware/drivers. With the interface still plugged in install your HP drivers from run or windows explorer. Sometimes it will pop up new hardware is installed and ready. If not power down the PC unplug the interface. Power up plug in and you should be good to go.
    Log trends look great using a 64 bit OS an I7 and a GTX 295 on a 32" LCD 1080
    Last edited by brantsz; 01-19-2010 at 04:47 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by brantsz View Post
    I have installed HP on win 7 64Bit Home and Pro on 5 of my computers. Win 7 is a fo sure different, as stated it will insist on installing a generic driver for the interface. I use one of two methods First I will go to the device manager and direct the generic interface to the HP drivers and update. That has worked the first 3 times. If it states the drivers are the most current up to date or won’t install the HP drivers leave the interface plugged in. Go to device manager and delete the hardware/drivers. With the interface still plugged in install your HP drivers from run or windows explorer. Sometimes it will pop up new hardware is installed and ready. If not power down the PC unplug the interface. Power up plug in and you should be good to go.
    Log trends look great using a 64 bit OS an I7 and a GTX 295 on a 32" LCD 1080
    haha sounds fun, try explaining that to someone that doesn't know what a driver is or where to find the device manager lol
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

ouch
    08 Silverado V-MAX, Stuff with a TVS1900 and Level 15 tranny, level 5's X 3 last build has 20K and holding

Tuner in Training
    Bill do you want a windows 7 64bit i have a few msdn Licenses

I will try to install and see if it works on my new laptop getting here today

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jarias View Post
    Bill do you want a windows 7 64bit i have a few msdn Licenses

I will try to install and see if it works on my new laptop getting here today
    Thanks for the offer but we have long since gotten this worked out

Does anyone else have any difficulty configuring specific histograms under Win 7? The editor works fantastic. Opening a cfg and scanning works fine, but configuring a histogram causes unhandles exceptions.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Does anyone else have any difficulty configuring specific histograms under Win 7? The editor works fantastic. Opening a cfg and scanning works fine, but configuring a histogram causes unhandles exceptions.
    2.22?