Thread: 06 duramax security denied, code 11

06 duramax security denied, code 11

Trying to put the stock tune back in an 06, and it asks for the vin. I put the vin in, and it says denies it. I have tuned the truck many times before! I have tried with high speed disabled, and the radio fuse out! any suggestions!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Read the vehicles pcm & then write back to it, that should fix the issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

yea i have this issue alot and that seems to clear it up

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    BTW guys we are working on fixing this issue but need to write some additional editor code for it to figure out what exactly is causing the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Bill, are you saying that the pcm needs to be read again? It would have been read to get the stock tune wouldn't it
    Roy

2007 GMC 3500HD, Sinlge Rear, ECLB, LBZ, Allison, 4x4
    - PCV reroute, EGR blocked, 4" turbo back dual out exhaust, pyro and boost gauges, led upgraded cluster and steering wheel controls
    2005 Chev 2500HD CCSB, Duramax, Allison, 4x4,
    - LBZ mouthpiece, PCV reroute, EGR blocked, pyro and boost gauges

Tuner
    Ive started to have this issue with an 03 that I have made minor tweaks to before with no problem. Bill are you saying that you need more input from us on this issue (.dat file)???
    I'll give the radio fuse trick a try before I write to the pcm...
    Murphy's Laws of War:
    Bullets Have The Right-Of-Way
    Friendly Fire....Isnt
    If It Is Strong Enough The Enemy Cant Get In....You Cant Get Out
    Tracers Point Both Ways

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Next beta should have a debugger in it that will help figure out this issue.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by A_W_O_L View Post
    Ive started to have this issue with an 03 that I have made minor tweaks to before with no problem. Bill are you saying that you need more input from us on this issue (.dat file)???
    I'll give the radio fuse trick a try before I write to the pcm...
    I've been able to initiate the read, abort/cancel the read after a few seconds, without cycling the key, start the write calibration and it seems to work. This, at least, prevents having to do a full read everytime.
    Jaime

I almost have this same issue but mine says it can not read the file definitions and will not let me use my credits to write the tune??? I have the 2.22 and 2.23 on two different laptops. The 2.23 says to insert a VIN number and the 2.22 says can not read file definitions.....is there a solution to this? Oh, this is on a 2007 LBZ D-max.

Senior Tuner
    Did it work previously? I recently had this happen on a truck I had written to many times. It erased the pcm, then hung up when it went to write. It then would not read or write to the pcm and kept asking for the VIN. I was able to solve this by disconnecting the battery for a few mins. I was then able to do a write entire and all was well.

It would be great to get this figured out...

Sometimes I can go ~ 15 flashes without trouble, but the other day it happened twice (1 good flash in between)

Wouldn't be a big deal but reading does take some time......
    06 LBZ DMax / 6spd Allison 4x4 ACSB - Self built/tuned sideways s366 setup | DPC converter / Co-Pilot | Holley HP150 / BD Filter setup | hood stack | Homebuilt IC pipes | Homebuilt Trac Bars | Black951's | Coolingmist stg1 | ISSpro | PPE | self lowered 3/5 | Roll Pan 12.6@105 5800ft (stock trans)
    02 WRX w/ STi 6spd - Self built/tuned Holset setup w/ a buttload of other goodies 11.75@119mph 4800ft (stock block) Built Motor finished!
    TJI Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Did it work previously? I recently had this happen on a truck I had written to many times. It erased the pcm, then hung up when it went to write. It then would not read or write to the pcm and kept asking for the VIN. I was able to solve this by disconnecting the battery for a few mins. I was then able to do a write entire and all was well.
    Well, I have never written this ecm but I have done other LBZs. I'll try disconnecting the battery and see what that does....just weird that the 2.23 needed the VIN and hte 2.22 would read it but then wouldn't have any definitions...getting an error message.

I have tuned all of my LBZs with the 2.22 version.