Thread: Fueling at WOT

Tuner in Training

Fueling at WOT

When the car transitions from CL to OL at WOT does the PCM control fueling through both the MAF and PE tables? I think lean LTFT's could also have an affect and richen things up as I recall. Anything else that has an affect on fueling?

PE commands the fueling, the MAF fuels for what is commanded based on what the curve shows for airflow. LTFTs only influence it if the FTC is locked in a + value in those areas, basically before you enter OL if it is positive (IIRC). LTFTs have no meaningful data for WOT.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

So you are saying it will only add fuel to WOT (+LTFT) and will never remove fuel at WOT (-ltft). I did not know this. I have been killing myself to get everything perfect so the LTFT would not effect my WOT. Glad to learn this, thanks.
    2002 WS6 TA, 408, L92 heads, Holley Modular High Ram, 120# injectors, Fast 92mm tb, 9.5:1 compression with Ross Pistons, built 4L80E with T-Brake, Circle D 4C Billet 245mm stall, Moser 9" with 3.70 gears. Front mounted GT-88 with Front Mount Intercooler, 3BarSD tuning by me.
    DIY Dual Walbro 340 fuel pumps.

Advanced Tuner
    Once I get my stft's dialed in I turn off my LTFT's and leave them off as they only collect garbage. I know many tuners who leave them off.
    16 psi on E85

Before I even start anything I disable the long terms. Not that I tune off trims, but if I did I would only use STFT. I leave LTFT disabled on everything. Once you dial in a MAF curve, the STFT error will only be around +/-2% most of the time anyway. Having the long terms enabled has done nothing good for me.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Quote Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00 View Post
    Before I even start anything I disable the long terms. Not that I tune off trims, but if I did I would only use STFT. I leave LTFT disabled on everything. Once you dial in a MAF curve, the STFT error will only be around +/-2% most of the time anyway. Having the long terms enabled has done nothing good for me.
    truth!
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06SUPERCHARGED View Post
    Once I get my stft's dialed in I turn off my LTFT's and leave them off as they only collect garbage. I know many tuners who leave them off.
    Actually what I meant is I turn them off before starting any tuning and leave them off permanently . I only turn them on to do a quick check to see if they are ok.
    16 psi on E85