Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can LNF knock sensors be seen independantly

Advanced Tuner
    Honeoye,Ny. Boondox son. Shoot guns out my back door. noone cares.
    Just make sure they are in the primary tables or they wont show up in the dash.
    Me love boost long time.

Quote Originally Posted by XXL View Post
    Just dl'd the one you posted immediately above. I'm only seeing the KR1-4. Was this the one you meant to post?
    Yes, KR 1 - 4 are displayed in the gauges, but all 6 are in the table. You can review them there if you need to. Knock retard tends to display the greatest of the 4 from what I can tell. Total Knock retard is unknown to me.

There are histograms included for total KR & KR in that config but they may not work for you. When I have posted configs before, the histograms didn't work for people until they manually defined them.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Yes, KR 1 - 4 are displayed in the gauges,
    Thanks. I deleted and recreated them in both the table and the gauge display. They never showed up in the histogram, but they did manage to collect data. So, when I replay the histo, while there is no actual line representing the data, the meter bounces around to the invisible data... which is good enough to answer the problem I was trying to answer.

One hypothesis was that I might have a bad knock sensor, or some erroneous external vibration causing a false knock. However, using your cfg file (deleted and re-added by me), I captured real knock (in the 6-8 range... so pretty damned significant). I then swapped that tune file with the BSR tune, and ran it again. While the BSR tune clearly freaked out at all air movement from the big wheel, it didn't have significant knock (nothing over ~ 2, and then only on 2 cylinders). Flashed back the tune with the problems, and the knock sensors played a Neil Pert drum solo. Deductive reasoning clearly points to the tune as the problem, and not a bad knock sensor, a rattle, or some other extraneous thing. Now... to get this tune reeled in to some tolerable level of basic performance before I take this turbo off and throw it through a window.

/rant off.

Glad you are narrowing it down some. I learned all my KR is real on all 4 cyls also, but 3-4* and T2 is helping me with that a bit.

Advanced Tuner
    Glad you are narrowing it down some. I learned all my KR is real on all 4 cyls also, but 3-4* and T2 is helping me with that a bit.
    Your car hates timing. You need some real gas out there. I find that Shell gas works best in my car. I have even more low end and midrange timing crammed into my car than before in the highest load areas and no knock noted this morning at all. Running 12* at 3500 and 200% load and 14* at about 4200 now. Still on 19-20 peak timing. I went back to 14* just to see and the car is slower on 14* peak timing.

12* is pretty good down low with high load, I believe I maxed at 10* on the previous tune. Im able to run 10 now with the pill mod tho, def took a lot of MAF tuning and driving some miles also. They seem to like to knock after a flash for a lil while

Tuner in Training
    my car just likes to misfire. a lot unless i'm not tuned. it doesn't log much KR at all

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    Your car hates timing. You need some real gas out there. I find that Shell gas works best in my car. I have even more low end and midrange timing crammed into my car than before in the highest load areas and no knock noted this morning at all. Running 12* at 3500 and 200% load and 14* at about 4200 now. Still on 19-20 peak timing. I went back to 14* just to see and the car is slower on 14* peak timing.
    Yeah, yeah...rub it in.

Your tune is the bomb. i broke it loose when I punched it in 3rd last night.
    1st time ever i think.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    Your car hates timing. You need some real gas out there. I find that Shell gas works best in my car.
    I buy gas at one of 2 Shell stations, and only pump the best we've got... 91 :-( On occasion, I detour over to King's 76 in Redwood City and do a mix of their 91 and their Sunoco 100 unleaded pump fuel... mixing to a guesstimate of around 94 or so (about a 50/50 mix on an empty tank). At $6.xx/gal for the 100, I see no gain in performance at any level... so I haven't bought any in the last 3-4 months, at least. Other options in my area are Chevron and a place I think is called "We Have Sucky Gas" ... where my wife buys for her dd almost exclusively. Maybe I need to get rid of this car and buy a POS Nissan and buy "We Have Sucky Gas." Her car runs fine

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, yeah...rub it in.

Your tune is the bomb. i broke it loose when I punched it in 3rd last night.
    1st time ever i think.
    Mine did too the other day. My traction control kicked in in 3rd.

Now that I put an aftermarket clutch in my car it rolls them over in 3rd quite a bit on a highway punch. If you guys are still running stock clutch you'll be surprised how much more power the car is able to put to the road after swapping it out. Pretty fun to see them all over the logs too tracking RPM/VSS.

Those are but distant memories to me now though, 16" of snow on the ground. Thank god its looking like I'll get to move back home to Florida soon.
    Last edited by Gimpster; 12-09-2009 at 01:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    Now that I put an aftermarket clutch in my car it rolls them over in 3rd quite a bit on a highway punch. If you guys are still running stock clutch you'll be surprised how much more power the car is able to put to the road after swapping it out. Pretty fun to see them all over the logs too tracking RPM/VSS.
    My Spec Stage 3+ and flywheel haven't made one iota of difference... of course, that's because they've been sliding around the hatch area in the car for over a year. Does anyone recommend a _quality_ shop that can do a 1-2 day turnaround on swapping in this clutch and flywheel on my HHR? I'm oceanside, south of San Francisco. I can do the 280 corridor and can stretch to 880 corridor if necessary. Please PM me if you have any recommendations. Dealerships I have experienced in the area are total piles of crap. I've tried one "performance" shop in Fremont that shall remain nameless, but suffice it to say that my several interactions with them have not netted much "Synergy" *cough cough*.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post

Those are but distant memories to me now though, 16" of snow on the ground. Thank god its looking like I'll get to move back home to Florida soon.
    Normally my clutch slips and the RPMs spike and the speed stays the same for few ticks right as I punch it. I need a cluch but I might just detune the car a little for now. I dont have 2K to spend right now a a clutch kit and install.