Thread: Need help - BSOD wiped out windows xp, hpt affects?

Advanced Tuner

Need help - BSOD wiped out windows xp, hpt affects?

Unfortunately I think I'm royally screwed. Got hit with some sort of virus, possibly the new TDL3 Rootkit and pretty much has me locked out. I may have lost everything on my hard drive now as when I run chkdsk it comes up telling me my drive is empty

I'm going to take my drive out of the laptop and try to slave it and see if there is anything I can do to recover my files.

I need everyone's help in figuring out how I can recover all my hpt settings, histograms, etc. I have so much on this thing and one day boom it's gone! And the crap part is I've been slowly backing everything up as the laptop will be replaced in due time, but wasn't expecting this... and never had time to backup any of my hpt stuff.

Where can I dig in to extract all the files hpt has, like the setting/preferences, histograms, etc... everything??
    2002 BSM T/A WS6 #3371 (Sept 12, 2002) "LOB"
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

Advanced Tuner
    there's got to be more than just the doc folder. When I ran ccleaner a couple months ago it erased my WBO2 configuration for calibration. There has to be some cache file of the sort that has this info. I don't ccleaner would go into a doc folder and find things to erase but I guess could be wrong?
    TSP Tqr II (232/234 113lsa +2), ETP Heads, FAST 90/NW 90, 42#SVO, 25% Powerbond Pulley, FLP catted LT's, B&B Tri-Flo, QTEC, Smooth bellows, Fast Toys 85mm lid & Grn Filter, Lou's SS, LG SFC's + X Braces, LG LCA's, LG PHB, LG DSSL, LG TA, Koni SA's lowered, Z06 Front brakes, Earl's SS lines, IForged Classics (18x9.5" F, 18x10.5" R) & very big and expensive stereo... (Eclipse, Zapco, Focal, Lotus)

Advanced Tuner
    can anyone help with this ASAP please! I was able to slave the drive and need to find the configuration file for the WBO2 calibration file, and then all the settings for the scanner and such.

is there anything else I need so when I reload hpt onto a new computer it will recognize my car?

Advanced Tuner
    I think I found it through lots searching, think it's an .ini file and is labeled as a configuration file.