Thread: Car won't run.. what gives?

Car won't run.. what gives?

Ok, I have an off road car and I have a working computer finally, and have the harness modified and wired to how I think it will work, based on some diagrams I found online, (basically all the pink wires that normally ran into the fuse box to get power are hot when I turn the key) and it still won't fire, I have power at the ignition box when the key is in the ON position, but I tried to test for spark by sticking the plugs in the coil contraption and then grounding them like you would do with an older car and there was NO SPARK now I am not sure this is a good test either so if you can help me diagnose this I would appreciate it! Also there is not sign of fuel in the engine yet there is PLENTY flowing in and through the rail and back to the tank (I am using the stock rails and return setup from the 02 engine and just using a switched aftermarket pump). Any Ideas are appreciated, I have been working on this for a while now with no luck. For what its worth I did disable the VATS by just turning it off in the program under the VATS tab, I only turned off the top one I believe it was the "system on" tab if I remember right. I really am stumped here and any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

-Bryan
    69 VW Baja with an ECO-TEC! Soon to be turbo too!!

The engine is an 02 Olds Alero 2.2 engine,

COmputer is an 02 Cavalier to get around the fact that HPT did not support the Olds comp.

No DTC's in the computer but I don't have a way to scan it when in the car because I don't have the OBDII plug in it, I am using a bench top programmer.

Yes, I modified the harness, but I am fairly confident its done correctly, I used wiring and pinout diagrams from Motoralldata to figure it out, (but I could have it wrong)

I can't scan it while starting because of the fact that I don't have the OBDII port. (maybe someone could tell me how to put it in there?)

So this could make it not start? OOH PLEEASE say yes!!

Could you tell me exactly how to set them, they all look to be un checked?

AHH, OK I thought you just had to uncheck them to turn them off....Thanks! I see the diff. Will these keep it from running? It would make sense since there seemed to be no action of the injectors yet there was plenty of fuel in the rails...(I can hear it! 500hp capable pump)

Well crap, I thougt you fixed it but no luck, still no fire...any other ideas...?

Here it is...

YOu know, some of the wires were to be hot when cranking and when in the ON position and some were only supposed to be hot in the on but not when cranking and because my key could not differentiate the two, I just made them hot in bot ON and CRANK positions, I didn't think this would cause a problem but what do you think?