Thread: LNF MisFire issue.

LNF MisFire issue.

Has any one ran across this before?

the car only misfires during cold start, below ~90-100* ECT.

its not during initial start up, it doesn't happen when warm, it doesnt happen at WOT.

cars got 6k on it, plugs are new as of today.

i dont know what to think. does any one have any thoughts?

thanks!
    went back and did a write-entire with a stock tune and its gone. at least for now.

from what i saw, the maf curve i was useing(tuned for the K&N filter) was causing the car to spike rich for some odd reason during the OL/CL change over.

will update from here on out!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06black View Post
    thanks!
    went back and did a write-entire with a stock tune and its gone. at least for now.

from what i saw, the maf curve i was useing(tuned for the K&N filter) was causing the car to spike rich for some odd reason during the OL/CL change over.

will update from here on out!
    You might have to adjust that correction table a few percent here and there. I forgot to tell you that that table is calibrated for no snorkel at all on the stock airbox which makes a 4-5% difference in the fuel trims from what my past logs have told me. The stock box flows a ton better up top if you just get rid of that snorkel. My car always seems to have slightly different readings than the other LNFs I have logged before. None has given me such weird readings as Reign1's car though. I finally have it at LTFT 0.0 and STFT -2 to +3 after 2 logs. Still a little knock sometimes on that good ole California gasoline or whatever it really is LOL.
    Last edited by Terminator2; 11-25-2009 at 12:55 PM.

Now I don't feel so bad about mine.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Now I don't feel so bad about mine.
    It knocks on less timing than you are running. Might end up at 12-13* max advance but Leaner and less timing is way better than rich and a ton of timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    It knocks on less timing than you are running. Might end up at 12-13* max advance but Leaner and less timing is way better than rich and a ton of timing.
    lean has always shown on this motor to be the power point over timeing.

ive got the car back on stock maf table and its clean. i'll start from here.

Term, if you've got a finalized K&N maf table, i'd sure like to get my paws on it!

I'll be in CA in a few days any who, gonna take a peak at at least Rissas car.

the best i've gotten outta her car is a solid 13.0AFR @ 12deg. i'd like to see if i can gain more advance with me there verse over the phone.

Tuner in Training
    Let us know if the misfire comes back.

The local TC guys that get misfires on otherwise excellent tunes seem to cure it by disconnecting/reconnecting the PCM. Doing a write-entire may have had the same effect, and the problem may rear its ugly head again.

I can tell you this, if the misfire gets worse, it may or may not end like this:

http://www.gmofhouston.com/forums/in...topic=878&st=0
    Last edited by Pyros777; 11-25-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06black View Post
    lean has always shown on this motor to be the power point over timeing.

ive got the car back on stock maf table and its clean. i'll start from here.

Term, if you've got a finalized K&N maf table, i'd sure like to get my paws on it!

I'll be in CA in a few days any who, gonna take a peak at at least Rissas car.

the best i've gotten outta her car is a solid 13.0AFR @ 12deg. i'd like to see if i can gain more advance with me there verse over the phone.
    Those tables I sent you have my car within 2% (without the snorkel) which seems to be as good as it gets because I can make a -1% change to a cell in the correction table that was lets say -2% STFT and the car will go to +1-2% STFT in that same cell on the next log. I have no misfires on cold start or while driving on those tables. I have a few still with my AEM intake back on maybe 3-4 total very minor misfires over the course of 30 miles of driving. Unfortunately every car is different. No two I have logged have ever had the same STFTs and LTFTs even on the stock airbox ith just the K&N in there.