Thread: Flashing oddities on LNF

Flashing oddities on LNF

Does anyone else have weird things happen after a flash sometimes? Twice now it has reset my oil life to 0%. I've heard some people have issues scanning cam timing after a flash as well. Any idea what's going on?

Had the LTFT's quit updating for 3 days after a long DFCO until a reflash,
    KR seems increased a bit for a few key cycles after a flash also.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    my cam angle pids never worked right - they do not display negative angles ever...
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

When I flash now, I lose the cam data until I let the car sit and idle for a minute.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    my cam angle pids never worked right - they do not display negative angles ever...
    I know with E38/E67 pcm's the angle is degrees away from the rest position so it never reads a negative, I can only assume its the same for your pcm
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I know with E38/E67 pcm's the angle is degrees away from the rest position so it never reads a negative, I can only assume its the same for your pcm
    Any thoughts on the other strange happenings? I've noticed my 0% oil change interval happens on major flashes only. Like when I change a large amount of tables.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No idea, contact support with your information.

I agree with this. The RPD also has no concept of negative too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

The other weird thing Im remembering again is that issue certain people have with the Beta and the ETC%. Just something to remember for the next release

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    The other weird thing Im remembering again is that issue certain people have with the Beta and the ETC%. Just something to remember for the next release
    Try the newest beta & let me know if you still have the issue.

I personally haven't had it, sorry maybe I worded that wrong Bill. I just remember like 2-3 different people posting with boost issues and it turned out the etc% was wacky.

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Dunno, I know a few people were having scanner issues with the beta on alloytech pcm's haven't heard anything recently though so if you or anyone wants to test the new beta please contact me as we are trying to get it ready for a dec. release.

Send me it Bill, Ill gladly try it out

Another issue Im having constantly now is the Wideband data blanks out while driving, then I have to reset the VCM with the scanner and of course the cam data blanks out...so I have to let it idle a minute. Which wouldnt be bad if it wasnt happening on the highway LOL.

Advanced Tuner
    I have had the oil life monitor to to 0% a couple times. It wouldn't let me reset it either, it would just go back to 0%. Went to the dealer, and they said they had a Solstice a couple days before do this. So, I don't think it has anything to do with HPT.

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    I have had the oil life monitor to to 0% a couple times. It wouldn't let me reset it either, it would just go back to 0%. Went to the dealer, and they said they had a Solstice a couple days before do this. So, I don't think it has anything to do with HPT.
    I know correlation /= causation, but it has ONLY happened to me after flashes with large changes to them.

Only time mine has done it was on an ECU swap to the spare. Must be a comm thing with the BCM?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

It's probably a failsafe if the data is corrupt or read wrong. Smarter to just tell the driver to change their oil.