Thread: BILL or someone from HPT: When, oh when?

Advanced Tuner

BILL or someone from HPT: When, oh when?

Ok, ban me if you please.

I, along with a whole lot of other people are sick of being stuck in the dark. I sit on the other forums, and read about great things coming from other companies, and here I sit, thumb up arse getting smelly wondering when I can go about doing some extensive mods to my cobalt.

This is holding me back, in all reality. I am not begging for a full release, not even a beta. Maybe just a list of what is happening with the E69.

I am not looking for speculation. I wanna know whats going on! I spent $500 on your software. Money does not come easy for me, and its killing me to watch people on the forefront, while I am stuck here with a smelly thumb. I bought HPT because I WANTED to be on the forefront. I have partners in this project, and I have resources. The stars aligned for me FOR ONCE, and i can lice out my dream of building a badass car.

But I can't because my tuning software won't get in gear and work on it!

I am frustrated, employees of HP Tuners. I do not mean to offend, or push, or bully, I just want some answers. As do ALOT of other LNF owners.

I understand this is hard to decode. But, thats why alot of people spent their hard earned money on this. They can't do it, you are in the trade of doing it, so DO IT. I didn't pay to have MOPAR unlocked. I paid so the rest of my ECM could be too. At least some stuff I could use.

So, please, let us know whats going on. We're sick of being in the dark, no more wool over our eyes, whats up?

Tuner in Training
    +1 hope we can get some more access stuff..

I believe Chris said in another thread that they had found the Wastegate and BPV tables but needed to test them a bunch first. Maybe release a pre release and let some people test it out for you a bit?? Not trying to pile on here guys, just offering an out maybe. Sorry if this doesnt help
    Last edited by BackyardTurbo_FTW; 11-21-2009 at 10:33 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Have you emailed support for beta testing the new features in hopes that what you want is in it? Might be worth an email to find out! I know what it feels like to be stuck, but I also know what goes into trying to please everyone all at one time. There is always someone that will not be happy with the out come. The guys @ HpTuners are working on it for everyone. Shoot them an email and you might be supprized.

Advanced Tuner
    Lnf owners go through this every year here, they throw us a bone and unlock one table and it keeps us happy for some time. First it was ecm support, next year it was boost tables, and a year later it was the overboost tables. At this rate we might get it fully unlocked in 10 years if not more.
    The lnf is such an amazing engine yet it held back by the ecm. If i knew it would take this long to get any sort of control over it i wouldn't buy this car... let alone hptuners.

Advanced Tuner
    mkriebs - i feel your pain, really! however I'm reminded of an extensive campaign by BTF 1-2 years ago. He asked the same questions that you're asking. In fact a lot of people asked for support. We asked until we were blue in the face. They know what we want - we want everything that could possibly do something for performance. The fact is they already have our money so there isn't anything we can do but wait. They were the technically the first to support the LNF, so a lot of people jumped aboard. Now we have just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to be complete. It will be surprising to me if you get a real answer...
    2013 Cruze Eco - CAI, Catless DP, Catless MP, ZZP FMIC, Ported Intake Manifold, Mild tune (17psi), best 43.5mpg, 175ftlbs (pid)

2008 Solstice GXP - ZFR 6758, catless, AEM stage 1 water/methanol injection, Hahn Racecraft Intercooler, solo street race cat back, LE5 throttle body - 307whp on a dyno dynamics (stock turbo numbers), 100 octane EFR6758 numbers - 463whp/454wtq

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    I sit on the other forums, and read about great things coming from other companies,
    If you are referring to Trifecta they offer a mail order tuning device not a tuning suite or software, very different therefore you really can't compare to them. He has all the time in the world to work on the 1/2 dozen or so operating systems for LNF's and getting tables he needs access to, we don't and thats the bottom line. Our head engineer splits time between the 26 or so pcm's we support and about 1200 or so operating systems we support adding tables where necessary.

Because there is always someone asking for a new table for their operating system there is always going to be a backlog of work...would you like me to list the backlog of table requests that are in front of yours? I could start an entirely new thread with all of them lol.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"