Thread: gmpp376 controller

Potential Tuner

gmpp376 controller

Anyone else have startup issues with these, running with the matched crate it was calibrated for?

Do you mean the E67 VCM that comes with a GM Crate 376/480 engine? If so, I have one of those and have expended many hours to get it running properly.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bdekoning View Post
    Anyone else have startup issues with these, running with the matched crate it was calibrated for?
    They are not without their problems that's for sure. Whether it is the ECM or harness build quality (wires in wrong connector positions), seems they are fun.

Potential Tuner
    yeah, the e76 controller that comes with the 376/480 engine. I cant believe GM doesnt have them running right out of the box.

Whats up with the crazy non linear injector flow map?

Mine started up and ran right out of the box. It ran poorly but it ran. The MAF sensor seemed to read improperly. GM directions say that it needs to be in a straight section of 4 inch tubing and at least 10" from the TB. I found that the straight length upstream of the sensor also mattered.

What is your problem?

I never looked at the injector settings.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bdekoning View Post
    yeah, the e76 controller that comes with the 376/480 engine. I cant believe GM doesnt have them running right out of the box.

Whats up with the crazy non linear injector flow map?
    You mean this one:

Attachment 21090

Has anyone had any problems running this engine in a production car with an e38 PCM. I put one in my 08 Vette and have spent a year trying to get it to run properly. Mainly idle issues for the most part.

Also anyone know where I can get the 08 GMPP 376/480hp tune? Preferably for the A6.

Trans doesn't matter, the TCM takes care of that part.

The E38 is a stand alone engine controller only.

What problems are you having, post a log and your tune file if you want help.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RLSEBRING View Post
    Has anyone had any problems running this engine in a production car with an e38 PCM. I put one in my 08 Vette and have spent a year trying to get it to run properly. Mainly idle issues for the most part.

Also anyone know where I can get the 08 GMPP 376/480hp tune? Preferably for the A6.
    Which engine?

"08 GMPP 376/480hp tune? Preferably for the A6"

You mean an A6 tune for the GMPP E67 controller? There isnt one. All GMPP engine controllers to date are manual only.

Quote Originally Posted by 69lt1bird View Post
    Trans doesn't matter, the TCM takes care of that part.

The E38 is a stand alone engine controller only.

What problems are you having, post a log and your tune file if you want help.
    I keep seeing that the e67 controller came in the engine kit. I have the e38 in the corvette and was wondering if/what were the differences or if there woud be a difference between the e67 and e38 getting the 376/480 hot cam engine to idle properly or close to stock. GMPP states in their ads that this engine will idle and drive like stock and mine doesn't.

I have a really hard idle. With tuning I can get a decent idle but it's still very rough like there a plug fouling. I've spent a lot of time on the final air table and with the idle spark and it gets better but still seems like a long ways away from running a consistant smooth idle.

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Which engine?

"08 GMPP 376/480hp tune? Preferably for the A6"

You mean an A6 tune for the GMPP E67 controller? There isnt one. All GMPP engine controllers to date are manual only.
    That makes sense... How about the engine tune for the e67. Would it be necessarily different than for an e38 controller?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RLSEBRING View Post
    I keep seeing that the e67 controller came in the engine kit. I have the e38 in the corvette and was wondering if/what were the differences or if there woud be a difference between the e67 and e38 getting the 376/480 hot cam engine to idle properly or close to stock. GMPP states in their ads that this engine will idle and drive like stock and mine doesn't.

I have a really hard idle. With tuning I can get a decent idle but it's still very rough like there a plug fouling. I've spent a lot of time on the final air table and with the idle spark and it gets better but still seems like a long ways away from running a consistant smooth idle.

That makes sense... How about the engine tune for the e67. Would it be necessarily different than for an e38 controller?
    With the cam you have in the 376/480 yes the tune is different E67/E38 (E38 with stock LS3 tune for stock LS3) around idle control which you are having a challenge with.

HPT has more idle control parameters coming.