Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

Advanced Tuner
    Well, it's an AMD so probably 3-4 hours! Lol.

I would guess you would be close to this one:

(Laptop) Intel Core 2 @2.67 Ghz = 1.03 minutes

If you run it with my settings from the other post put up your results.

To Bill at HPT:

Why don't you guys hire ktoonsez and Bluecat?

HPT is advertising for software engineers and needs to add development resouces and talent.

They are both familiar with your product and have proven that they are able to develop worthwhile features.

Just a suggestion...

Thumbs up

Wow. This program is impressive! I bet it takes pressure off HPTuners to get something similar integrated into the VCM Suite. They could just put a reference to "See EQ VE program" under the Speed Density tab.

Anyway, I searched but still have this question. When you click the "VE Table" button, the "Cyl Vol(L)" setting appears to default to .775. My engine is smaller. I see that changing that affects what you see if you select the "VE%" checkbox to see the more traditional looking 0-100 type VE numbers. Is that all that does? Or does that volume setting need to be set correctly before generating the equation constants? Seems if displacement was important, the program would suck it out of the tune in the first place.

Thanks.
    2009 G8 GT

Advanced Tuner
    Socal, i'm always changing that value from .775 to 0.75 to match our engine displacement before generating the equations.

Advanced Tuner
    Ktoonsez, If i want to modify just a group of cells, for example, same rpm but different kpa cells without changing anything else when the equations are generated, what options should i use ?

It seems the program is always smoothing out the values for the entire table, even though i'm only making changes in the 1200-2800rpm area for the 38-66kpa cells.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Ktoonsez, If i want to modify just a group of cells, for example, same rpm but different kpa cells without changing anything else when the equations are generated, what options should i use ?

It seems the program is always smoothing out the values for the entire table, even though i'm only making changes in the 1200-2800rpm area for the 38-66kpa cells.
    You can change the Zones from 0-29 to something like 2-4 then do 8-10 or something like that so it doesn't regenerate all zones. Is that what you are asking?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    Wow. This program is impressive! I bet it takes pressure off HPTuners to get something similar integrated into the VCM Suite. They could just put a reference to "See EQ VE program" under the Speed Density tab.

Anyway, I searched but still have this question. When you click the "VE Table" button, the "Cyl Vol(L)" setting appears to default to .775. My engine is smaller. I see that changing that affects what you see if you select the "VE%" checkbox to see the more traditional looking 0-100 type VE numbers. Is that all that does? Or does that volume setting need to be set correctly before generating the equation constants? Seems if displacement was important, the program would suck it out of the tune in the first place.

Thanks.
    Glad you like it. Use your real displacement. I never put much effort in the percentage part because I like working with the real numbers so I never worked on grabbing the displacement value, sorry.

ktoonsez, I am having trouble applying the scanner data to the VE table, its probably something I'm doing wrong but can you let me know what you think? I get a microsoft .NET error message everytime saying the index was outside the bounds of the array. I'm running .net 3.5 SP1. I'm also using an LS1 format in both the VE generator and the scanner if it matters. Thanks
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    Glad you like it. Use your real displacement. I never put much effort in the percentage part because I like working with the real numbers so I never worked on grabbing the displacement value, sorry.
    No apology needed! I didn't mean to complain. I was just trying to use the non-importing of the displacement value as a clue to its importance.

Does this mean that if I don't care to look at the percentages, then I don't need to worry about displacement?

Thanks.
    2009 G8 GT

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    No apology needed! I didn't mean to complain. I was just trying to use the non-importing of the displacement value as a clue to its importance.

Does this mean that if I don't care to look at the percentages, then I don't need to worry about displacement?

Thanks.
    Yes, if you are not using percentage mode the displacement does'nt matter.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6HUMMER View Post
    ktoonsez, I am having trouble applying the scanner data to the VE table, its probably something I'm doing wrong but can you let me know what you think? I get a microsoft .NET error message everytime saying the index was outside the bounds of the array. I'm running .net 3.5 SP1. I'm also using an LS1 format in both the VE generator and the scanner if it matters. Thanks
    WS6HUMMER:
    Re-download the zip file with a fix for that issue. I run into these all the time with the tables that are reversed on the MAP and RPM labels from the LS2 format. This should work.

WS6HUMMER:
    Re-download the zip file with a fix for that issue. I run into these all the time with the tables that are reversed on the MAP and RPM labels from the LS2 format. This should work.
    Is this the link on page 1? I did that but, I'll try it again. When I extract the zip file I'm extracting it all to a new folder that I create in my documents and running it from there, is that the right way to do it? Thanks again

Advanced Tuner
    YEs the link from page #1. I just uploaded the new one with your fix 30 minutes ago.

Advanced Tuner
    You can change the Zones from 0-29 to something like 2-4 then do 8-10 or something like that so it doesn't regenerate all zones. Is that what you are asking?
    Ahh i see what you're saying now that i pulled the graph view and hovered the mouse around the cells i want to change. zone 8 through 10. should i check the automatic zone boundaries when i pick only the zones i want to work with ?

Also, i'm doing a copy and paste from the table your application is generating, into the tune i had for my Goat (i just created a template file only to work with VE, and i'm using the HPT editor to hand smooth the values i want to change since i'm very familiar with the LS2 VE values and what not), then from there, once i have the values i'm looking for already worked out in the editor, i'll copy those values, and paste them into the table in your application, then i'll generate the equation. do you see any problems using this approach ?
    Last edited by bluegoat06; 02-02-2010 at 11:13 AM.

YEs the link from page #1. I just uploaded the new one with your fix 30 minutes ago.
    Works great now thanks!

Now I just how to figure out how it works, the only way I know how to apply the data is by multipling the error%. With this program it looks like it multiplies different.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Ahh i see what you're saying now that i pulled the graph view and hovered the mouse around the cells i want to change. zone 8 through 10. should i check the automatic zone boundaries when i pick only the zones i want to work with ?

Also, i'm doing a copy and paste from the table your application is generating, into the tune i had for my Goat (i just created a template file only to work with VE, and i'm using the HPT editor to hand smooth the values i want to change since i'm very familiar with the LS2 VE values and what not), then from there, once i have the values i'm looking for already worked out in the editor, i'll copy those values, and paste them into the table in your application, then i'll generate the equation. do you see any problems using this approach ?

When doing just certain zones, you should always have "Auto zone boundaries" OFF.
    When copying and pasting back and forth, always make sure that HPTuners grids are set to show you all 5 digits of the decimal or it might not copy back the data to my program at full 5 postion precision. Hope that answered your question.

Advanced Tuner
    Works great now thanks!

Now I just how to figure out how it works, the only way I know how to apply the data is by multipling the error%. With this program it looks like it multiplies different.

It uses the histogram you leave up in the scanner (which should be your AFR error% for VE).

It uses the histogram you leave up in the scanner (which should be your AFR error% for VE).
    OK yes, thats the way I was doing it but when it goes to copy the table it copies the cell count that was hit & the afr error%. When I multiply in the generator program I have the VE% checked and it changes the numbers drastically. Am I supposed to apply the scanner data with the VE% unchecked?

Advanced Tuner
    OK yes, thats the way I was doing it but when it goes to copy the table it copies the cell count that was hit & the afr error%. When I multiply in the generator program I have the VE% checked and it changes the numbers drastically. Am I supposed to apply the scanner data with the VE% unchecked?

Yes, apply the data WITHOUT that % check mark on, on VE table screen. That is for people that want to view and edit there table in % rather than actual values.

Advanced Tuner
    When doing just certain zones, you should always have "Auto zone boundaries" OFF.
    When copying and pasting back and forth, always make sure that HPTuners grids are set to show you all 5 digits of the decimal or it might not copy back the data to my program at full 5 postion precision. Hope that answered your question.

Yes it did, Thanks a lot.