Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

Tuner in Training
    nevermind. My screwup

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Z51 View Post
    just dl'd. I cannot stop getting unhandled exceptions now.
    Did you install the VC++ runtime?

Am having problem running the program that when i need to copy equation to HP tuner it tell me that could not find HP tuner program by the time all the 7 table is open .
    do i need it to be conect to the hp tuner and the car so it will work .

Advanced Tuner
    Read post #32! You always have to have HPTuners open and the specified windows, you do not have to be connected to the car.

Advanced Tuner
    WOW!! its is super fast now. it only takes about 70 seconds with 1 precision and 1 single cell.

whats the iterations do?

also, how hard would it be to add a horizontal scroll bar to the data validation window, i can't see any values on the right,

or maybe make the window resizeable.

also. do you accept any donations? id love to throw you a couple bucks for all your hard work...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    WOW!! its is super fast now. it only takes about 70 seconds with 1 precision and 1 single cell.

whats the iterations do?

also, how hard would it be to add a horizontal scroll bar to the data validation window, i can't see any values on the right,

or maybe make the window resizeable.

also. do you accept any donations? id love to throw you a couple bucks for all your hard work...
    Iterations "can" make things even more accurate the higher you go. Of course it will take longer. Also try messing with the precision, I have found that sometimes 2 can be better than 1 or even 3, it kinda depends on the VE numbers when it is trying to knock the differential down. Can you put up a screen shot, I have the grid set to show both horizontal and vertical scroll bars. Can't figure out what would prevent that. I'll set something up for donations. Thanks guys, that is great!
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 12-15-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Hey carlrx7, redownload the zip and extract the EXE, I think I know what your problem was, the resolution on your screen must be pretty small and maybe didn't show you the whole screen. This might fix it.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks! there is a scroll bar their now.

my resolution is 1600x900 on my 14" laptop.

its just that my MAP values go up to 208.

all good now!

ktoonsez, this capability has been great. I would also be willing to make a contribution. Let us know how to contribute to the cause.

Advanced Tuner
    I wish I didn't HATE documentation so much or I would write a complete help and tips document for the program, LOL. I have always been a just go and do it kind of guy

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, this is way, way faster. As a veteran C++ programmer, I'm glad to see there are still advantages to coding "close to the iron". Too bad I didn't have this yesterday when working on a 2010 Camaro tune - lots of coffee and lunch breaks waiting for equation generation

This seems to crash immediately when trying to generate equations with the "automatic zone boundaries" option checked. Turning that option off, works fine, as long as you've got equations with boundaries already loaded ...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MCScott View Post
    Thanks, this is way, way faster. As a veteran C++ programmer, I'm glad to see there are still advantages to coding "close to the iron". Too bad I didn't have this yesterday when working on a 2010 Camaro tune - lots of coffee and lunch breaks waiting for equation generation

This seems to crash immediately when trying to generate equations with the "automatic zone boundaries" option checked. Turning that option off, works fine, as long as you've got equations with boundaries already loaded ...
    Ya, I just found that one too. I'll get it fixed soon

Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    Read post #32! You always have to have HPTuners open and the specified windows, you do not have to be connected to the car.
    I did all it says in post #32 but still its saying that the program could not find
    is it because using the beta am traying to copy the data from HP tuner to the program but the message comes all the time .

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by firehawk26 View Post
    I did all it says in post #32 but still its saying that the program could not find
    is it because using the beta am traying to copy the data from HP tuner to the program but the message comes all the time .
    Nothing to do with the beta, it works for both beta and official release. My guess would be that you have some of the table(s) open in "Split view" mode. They must be open in "Table View" or I can't find the grid in the window!

Tuner in Training
    I got an error that said the table didn't match the highlighted area.

Tuner in Training
    It actually said the data from the clipboard did not match the highlighted size. Sorry about that.

I'll have to admit, I downloaded the lasest version to check out what you've been up to and I am impressed. When I seen a dll I was diggin. When I seen it generating the zones out of order I was like??? Then I saw the multi thread... and I was thinking to my self "Ken has been a busy MF". Hats off to you. I didn't get to enjoy it here in the house, but I'm sure on a multi processor machine its literaly twice as fast.

With all these goodies I wish the public version and my version hadn't broken into different branches. You've got all this time tied up in polishing and streamlining. I've got all my time in making the VVT stuff functional. It's a shame my lack of time kept us from doing this in tandem.

I might even start using your version out in the shop. Both my tuning laptops are dual cores. I never even use the VVT stuff after I made it anyway. With an aftermarket cam there isn't any need to retard the cam any for EGR effect at low rpm/ low load. So in my tunes the cam phase tables are all rpm dependant, with the load axis cells all being the same. Then the cam position is only effected by rpm and never varies with load, so a single ve table setup works just fine. The only thing I'd be missing from what I'm used to is my data manipulatining functions in the ve table editor. And I've got a stub program that does that for me that I can start using again.

Advanced Tuner
    Good to see you Bluecat, long time no see. Thought you fell of the planet, LOL. I did start a VVT version a while back and ended up just scraping it mostly due to what you just said. Thanks for the compliments!!!
    Last edited by ktoonsez; 12-17-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Here are some "time to generate equations" numbers I have compiled on my different machine's at work and home:

All tests were done at precision of 2, iterations at 2000, Zone Edge at 0, Threads at 2x and CPU throttling ON.

(Desktop) Dual Zeon processor @1.6 Ghz = 1:01 minutes
    (Desktop) Dual I7 Quad Core @2.26 Ghz = 0:34 minutes
    (Laptop) Intel Core 2 @2.67 Ghz = 1.03 minutes
    (Desktop) Pentium 4 Quad Core Overclocked @3.79 Ghz = 0:28 minutes
    (Laptop) Old Pentium M @ 2.0 Ghz = 3:43 minutes

So as you can see, Dual or Quad Core is the say to go if you can, the multi-threading just kicks ass when you have more than 1 core and or processor! So now everybody knows what they want for Christmas!

Advanced Tuner
    What about the AMD Phenom II X4 910 2.60Ghz?
    2016 GMC Sierra 1500 6.2L