Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

I downloaded the visual studio 2008 express stuff for free last night. I know its fairly dated itself, but loads more compatible for the bulk of people via .net 3.5 than what i originally started with using circum 1998 VB6 dll's, lol. The Ktoonsez version with the copy paste window hooks was already moved to .net. But the version I have been using, maintaining, and ever expanding is still VB6. Assuming the port wont take much effort on my part, I shouldn't have much time tied up in hammering out the rough edges for public release again.

I know it was mentioned about being able to edit the table formats in program. Any other requests while I'm back at it?

Will it retain the HPT hooks? That's a big thing for me. I do my edits in HPT, so I'm NFG on those features. Oh, it'd be nice if having a zero in a cell didn't piss off the program.

One last thing... Be able to kill the prompts about saving and over writing. Like a "don't show me again" option.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Roger on the conformation prompts...

What Zero's does it have trouble with. I'm pretty sure my current version is already prepared for zero's. All that stuff if it wasn't already fixed in the past was fixed when the delimiting commas showed up a year or so ago and pissed it off. The only zero I know it wont accept is in the boundaries when auto boundaries is turned off. It logically can't accept a zero value there. Any situation you know off, let me know specifically and I'll check and make sure it can take it.

I had a scenario where the coefficients generated produced a negative value at 400rpm and 15kPa. I would transfer the table into HPT (using a custom OS to make edits and use smoothing). This turned the negative to a zero. With a zero in the top left cell, the program wouldn't run, saying the VE table was blank. It'd be nice if it just treat zero as 0.1 or something.

I will certainly take on the comments on my last post but I stand by what I said.

Do your homework. I cant remember who it was but I can bet nobody repeated the steps I listed to see the issue I am referring to.

It irritates me. Really generate even a stock VE table, export, import and suddenly it's all out of wack.

Again ' do your homework '
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    I will certainly take on the comments on my last post but I stand by what I said.

Do your homework. I cant remember who it was but I can bet nobody repeated the steps I listed to see the issue I am referring to.

It irritates me. Really generate even a stock VE table, export, import and suddenly it's all out of wack.

Again ' do your homework '
    I've never had anything close to the problem you describe. Then again, I understand the limitations of simplifying a real world scenario within a mathematical representation. This is coming from somebody who actually does exactly what you said. How I use it:

1. Read coefficients from HPT.
    2. Generate table.
    3. Copy table into a custom OS file so I can view live in 3D and edit.
    4. Make changes and copy table back into EQ_VE.
    5. Generate coefficients.
    6. Paste coefficients into HPT.
    7. Read back out.
    8. Generate new table.
    9. Paste this table into my custom OS file to use as a basis for edits.

You're right, it never matches perfect. The R-squared value is never 1. But it's pretty damn close, and plenty close to operate a car with.

It really sounds like you don't quite understand how the curve fitting works.

"Then again, I understand the limitations of simplifying a real world scenario within a mathematical representation."

It is a simple calculation problem and it needs fixing...... It has absolutely nothing to do with anything else.

Simple programming, mathematics. I do this for a living.......
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

It's not a calculation problem.

If you're so sure it is though, and you do this for a living, lets see you fix it.
    Last edited by DSteck; 01-26-2013 at 06:59 AM.

Send me the source code, with documentation on how it runs the calculations for the tables and I will.... Because in the long run it would actually 'save me time' to fix it then to keep screwing around with it trying to 'work with it'.

But your right, if you want 'free' Bluecat can do it....... My skills cost money, anything done right 'costs money'

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I'd be happy to Pay Pal you some money in return for your time spent programming and debugging too.
    As am I. But add some detailed help files for these guys so you dont have to answer 150,000 questions on how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyCool View Post
    Send me the source code, with documentation on how it runs the calculations for the tables and I will.... Because in the long run it would actually 'save me time' to fix it then to keep screwing around with it trying to 'work with it'.

But your right, if you want 'free' Bluecat can do it....... My skills cost money, anything done right 'costs money'
    Please tell me how you plan to make a six coefficient representation match every surface perfectly.

Talk is cheap.

Still willing to give money to Bluecat. $100 here for you.

Phil's tool has been awesome for all of the Gen4 community... without it people using HPTuners would not have a properly calibrated VE. Is it perfect, no but the minimal error that it has is less than most controllers tolerance of predicting fueling anyway so for me it works pretty flawlessly as my adjustments are normally accurate.

He could be like alot of other greedy ppl and charge for a program this extensive! I say if you don't like it then don't use it.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Please tell me how you plan to make a six coefficient representation match every surface perfectly.

Talk is cheap.

Still willing to give money to Bluecat. $100 here for you.
    Agreed...on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Phil's tool has been awesome for all of the Gen4 community... without it people using HPTuners would not have a properly calibrated VE. Is it perfect, no but the minimal error that it has is less than most controllers tolerance of predicting fueling anyway so for me it works pretty flawlessly as my adjustments are normally accurate.

He could be like alot of other greedy ppl and charge for a program this extensive! I say if you don't like it then don't use it.
    I don't think he'd be greedy asking for some money to cover all the work he puts into it. I understand how the math works, but I don't know how to make a windows program to automate it. I've struggled with using it in the past, but I've always been happy to have it as a tool in my arsenal.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner in Training
    Just a subscribe to see when this next version comes out

I just got into this and trying to figure out what I need to and don't yet know. (which is a lot)

Potential Tuner
    As am I!

Quote Originally Posted by wbear View Post
    MY link to the latest EQ <> VE Version 3.5 Program:

https://rapidshare.com/files/116772128/EQ_VE3.zip
    Link says "Download permission denied by uploader."

Senior Tuner
    I'd upload it as an attachment to the forum but that's not allowed...and apparently I can't send it via e-mail because it's an executable file. Sorry.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 02-12-2013 at 09:14 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Update! Finally made some progress. I spent a many an hours the past few weeks getting a handle on .net. I was really shocked how much the Basic language had changed for its role in .net. Anyway I finished up my front end GUI that handles the grid data displays. About half the time was spent learning .net and its vast differences in how it works with graphics. The rest of the time I spend adding features to it. So now all the math, data smoothing/interpolation/extrapolation, graphing, copy, pasting, undoing, ect... is all now built into the grid control structure. A whole lot of work now, but will save me exponentially in the future. Now I can move on to redoing the actual guts of the VE<>EQ program.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I'd upload it as an attachment to the forum but that's not allowed...and apparently I can't send it via e-mail because it's an executable file. Sorry.
    Have looked all over the place can't seem to find the file anywhere.. maybe i wouldn't even be able to use it once iv found it, will it work for tuning Main VE or just GMVE ? As this is after all the (Gen 4) area of the forum .. I am Gen 3 man, a search brought me here.

Also, as far as making the program work cleaner, I think I figured out the data structure for the float point numbers used by the pcm for the eq data. I can taylor to its format so that there will be no change in the data when pasting it into and out of Hpt.