Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

You are welcome. Ya, as long as your histogram is reflecting what you're expecting with your adjustments, I think you're right on target. Good luck with it
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Tuner
    So, how does this work with the VVT engines? I notice back on page 3 that Bluecat and ktoonsez talk about working on a VVT version, but scrapping it?

Senior Tuner
    I'm back to software problems again. I'm trying to calculate a VE table from my MAF sensor...I'm logging into VCM Scanner, I've actually got 2 histograms setup, one is what I think are correct GMVE units, the other is what I think is correct VE%. I want to simply paste this data directly in and generate equations from it...but I can't do that. When I try to paste, the numbers get all messed up. I've tried on 4 machines, running Windows 7 Pro 32 and 64, and Windows 7 Home 32 and 64.

Anyone else had strange problems?
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    I've used this program great, but when I use it on a mostly stock CTS-V, when the car goes to hit boost it cuts out and bucks and refuses to pull, or even dies. I've retuned it twice and the same effect. Any ideas?

I really need to get a new public release out there. They added commas to the numbers in the editor several betas ago (ie. 1,000 instead of 1000) and the old versions paste functions were not prepared for it. I fixed mine when it happened, but never have had the time to fix it in the public. I kinda got pissed and quit fooling with it when Ktoonze took over my program without my permission. His adding an automated pasting/copying process turned into him treating it like his own, lol. My personal version continued to evolve including the intake cam degree stuff and lots of other features. But its never been refined to end user level.

Senior Tuner
    Do you have any plans to release anything? I can't get any of the older versions to work with my newer pc and newer beta...programming in Windows is not something I know how to do either, but if you need someone to beta test it, I'd be happy to help and provide as much detailed feedback as I can.
    Last edited by MikeOD; 08-11-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

For the short term, and I know this sucks, paste the data into excel, format it to kill the commas, then you can paste it into the program.
    Last edited by Bluecat; 08-12-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Are you suggesting that with your program or the ktoonsez version?
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Don't know anything about his, just mine. Mine truncated all numbers after the comma.

Senior Tuner
    I just tried it, it works in your V2. Thank you.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by GregRexAdams View Post
    I've used this program great, but when I use it on a mostly stock CTS-V, when the car goes to hit boost it cuts out and bucks and refuses to pull, or even dies. I've retuned it twice and the same effect. Any ideas?
    Did the same thing for a 2010 Camaro on boost. As soon as it went into boost, it flat-line the injectors and went lean. Had to leave it tuned on maf. I think it had to due with hpt not the Eq ve software. I even tried using a e38 ve table from a good G8 tune and it didn't work. As soon add you edit the values, it messes up
    Rick Crawford
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    11.65 @118.55 1.72 60ft DoD cam, 2600 stall, Crawford ported heads and intake, stock wheels and BFG-KDW tires
    9.95 @134.9 388, 3.45 gear, stock 6L80e ALL Motor!!
    [email protected] 417 LSA Blower-Only, 6L80e, 3.45

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    For the short term, and I know this sucks, paste the data into excel, format it to kill the commas, then you can paste it into the program.
    I must be missing something...I can copy the equation into excel and format it, how do I load it into the table? Do you have a copy of yours that I can download? Maybe the other version doesn't allow that sort of custom input.

Edit-after review, this isn't the issue-the ktoonsez version I'm using only allows 7 digits, regardless of comas. They don't seem to interfere (no truncating after the coma), but it is definitely losing some resolution as it rounds starting at digit 7.
    Last edited by GregRexAdams; 09-21-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by G8-4-speed View Post
    Did the same thing for a 2010 Camaro on boost. As soon as it went into boost, it flat-line the injectors and went lean. Had to leave it tuned on maf. I think it had to due with hpt not the Eq ve software. I even tried using a e38 ve table from a good G8 tune and it didn't work. As soon add you edit the values, it messes up
    This might be the case, but I actually did some VE tuning on both a ZR1 and this Caddy previously. It could be due to an update, or the fact the V is now more significantly modified and thus requires more changes, making it make changes to a part of the table that somehow makes it unstable. I sure would like to figure this out though.

Man, I'm honestly baffled at how people have problems with this. I've never had issues with the commas in new betas or anything, and have added my own table formats without issue.

FWIW, I don't copy error directly into the program. I modify a VE table in an existing editor file with a custom OS (E38) and then dump that table into the program.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Man, I'm honestly baffled at how people have problems with this. I've never had issues with the commas in new betas or anything, and have added my own table formats without issue.

FWIW, I don't copy error directly into the program. I modify a VE table in an existing editor file with a custom OS (E38) and then dump that table into the program.
    Going straight in and out of the EQ<>VE program has given me some pretty serious errors (mega spikes) in various zones. As such I am hesitating to use it until I get better acquainted with how it works, or to create a simple work around.

Second to your point about using a Custom OS for an E38 PCM... I don't suppose you have one handy for a 1 Bar SD tune you could post? I am searching the forums and repository with little success; as I am STILL waiting for the folks at HPT engineering to produce a 1 Bar SD Custom OS for the '07 TBSS I'd like to explore my options.
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

See attached.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Hello. I have trouble VE Equation VE Table Generator-V3.5 & HPtuners with Copy Equations from HPtuner operation ( either Win 7, Win XP) see please screenshot
    Now i have Beta 2.23.743. Is it compatible with Generator?
    I havn't had open VCM Scanner with AFR Error log that time. Could it be main cause of trouble?

Tuner in Training
    Does not anyone have a similar problem?

Does anyone have a custom 2-bar OS they are willing to share, to do the smoothing in? i'm not getting clean results pasting directly into program, and i'd like to compare...

bmb

You can convert your OS to EnhOS (ie 2.5 Bar or whatever is applicable to converting your OS) for free and use it to your heart's content if you are simply looking for a customisable 33x33 VE table to do your smoothing in. You'll be able to save and use all it's features, it will only cost you to write it.