Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EQ <> VE Version 3.5

Potential Tuner
    [QUOTE=ktoonsez;236330]You have to select the new table style you made from the VE Table window. Then grab the equations from your tune, generate the VE table and then you will have all the values in your new table style.[/QUOTE

Cheers, Awesome program and sorted!

Appregiate it!!

Works great!

Does a great job at making the VE tunable. I believe I went the long way to tune it but it worked great. It helped getting the calculated VE and MAF flow numbers to match which seems to help with how the A6 trans responds.

I used the fuel trim tables with MAF failed to tune the VE. It took a few extra attempts and an a few excel tables to get it close but it worked for me.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    TO ALL:

If you are having trouble getting all the equations you are doing 1 of 3 things.
    1. You are not opening al the tables.
    2. The tables are open in split mode or graph mode (need to be just in table mode)
    3. You have renamed the HPTuner program on the hard drive (some have done this to hae 2 versions on the same machine)

This should help all of you having trouble.
    1. All tables are opened.
    2. All tables are opened in table mode.
    3. HPTuner program isn't renamed.
    What am I doing wrong?
    N.B.
    I've noticed that AU3_Spy (last pic) interprets MAP2 and RPM2 in windows names like MAP? and RPM? correspondingly... The Spy++ does it right (second pic). How does the EQ<>VE do that?
    Last edited by Kotaycu; 01-16-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Is there a how-to on how to use this program? haha it looks very helpful...
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Is there a how-to on how to use this program? haha it looks very helpful...
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=155

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome thanks.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

What if you don't have any SD tables in the Engine/Airflow section?
    2006 CGM A4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0352goat View Post
    What if you don't have any SD tables in the Engine/Airflow section?
    Then you don't need this program
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    I'm having a strange problem when using EQ VE. For some reason, I can't paste *into* the VE Table. I can copy from it into an open office spreadsheet I'm using but when I try to copy from OO into the VE Table I get the following message "The data from the clipboard did not match the highlighted size!"

I tried pasting a 2x2 area into notepad and it looks like it works:
    1001 1002
    1003 1004

But I can't get it to paste into the table. Any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by juyanith View Post
    I'm having a strange problem when using EQ VE. For some reason, I can't paste *into* the VE Table. I can copy from it into an open office spreadsheet I'm using but when I try to copy from OO into the VE Table I get the following message "The data from the clipboard did not match the highlighted size!"

I tried pasting a 2x2 area into notepad and it looks like it works:
    1001 1002
    1003 1004

But I can't get it to paste into the table. Any ideas?
    More than likely you are not highlighting the same size area. In your example with the 4 numbers in the clipboard, you should be highlighting 4 cells, 2 rows and 2 colums worth. If that isn't the problem, it could be that Open Office uses different seperators between the fields than excel does. I did not test Open Office on regular Office.

Ken

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
    More than likely you are not highlighting the same size area. In your example with the 4 numbers in the clipboard, you should be highlighting 4 cells, 2 rows and 2 colums worth. If that isn't the problem, it could be that Open Office uses different seperators between the fields than excel does. I did not test Open Office on regular Office.

Ken
    Right now I'm leaning toward Open Office using a different format in the clipboard. In the example above I highlighted a 2x2 region on both and I get the same error. I even tried explicitly copying a larger region in OO (3x3) with the same results. I'm getting around the problem by copying the OO table, pasting into notepad, saving that file to disk and then loading it back as a compare table. I can then select everything from the compare table into the main one, but it's a very tedious process.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by juyanith View Post
    Right now I'm leaning toward Open Office using a different format in the clipboard. In the example above I highlighted a 2x2 region on both and I get the same error. I even tried explicitly copying a larger region in OO (3x3) with the same results. I'm getting around the problem by copying the OO table, pasting into notepad, saving that file to disk and then loading it back as a compare table. I can then select everything from the compare table into the main one, but it's a very tedious process.
    If I get some free time I will download OO and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Senior Tuner
    I have the same problem with paste using Excel...I also can't type in my own value...I type what I want, and the program changes the value to something totally different...I could see it being a close number, to be able to work with the equation...but instead the number makes no sense at all.

I'm trying to use this program for the E38 PCM in a 2010 Camaro SS I'm working with...for now, I had to set the car to run purely off the MAF . I can get it to pull the equations just fine, and generate the VE table. From there, I tried every resolution setting, LS1 LS2, the 2 peoples names...I matched the VCM Scanner to the exact same resolution...went out driving in SD mode, logged a TON of great data...the VE is WAY off with the new cam in the car, so I made sure to drive enough to get like 300+ hit counts in the parts of the VE table that the car hits all the time driving around.

So I then go back into this program, pick enable edits and "Apply HP Scanner Data". It copies the data out fine, then gives me the window to select my actions...I set the minimum counts to 100 (like I said, I'm at 300+ on most of the cells), then multiply by % - half and start...the new window appears, and it fills up with all 0's...so at that point, I assume I'm doing something wrong, and I don't know where to go from there. The VE is off in some cases by over 15% (even close to 20% in some points) so I really do want to get it dialed in...for now with a corrected MAF table the car is driveable, and the owner of it can enjoy it, but I know the tune isn't right...and I don't like that. Does anyone have an idea whats going wrong in the program to cause the data grid to become all 0's?

Advanced Tuner
    MikeOD:
    I dynoed my car the other night and while I was making changes I saw that the latest beta is screwing up my program, so yes there is a problem with the program with getting the data out of the histogram. Specifically the counts, which is why everything is 0's. If you set the minimum count to 0 in my program you should be able to get the data in, just zero out the items from the table in the screen that you saw the 0's in so you don't use the cells that don't have the amount of hits you wanted. I haven't had time to look into what changed again in the beta to make the counts switch not work for the 5th time now.

As far as typing into the field, I have never seen it make up its own numbers and nobody else has ever told about that either. Not really sure what is going on there.

Ken

Senior Tuner
    I'll try setting the counts to 0 in your program tomorrow...I almost did that today too just to try...but there were some outliers around where I'd driven with very low hitcounts, and I didn't want to deal with them.

I'll be playing around with my own car tomorrow (another 2010 Camaro SS), and while the tune will be significantly less work (I'm just installing a cold air intake, versus the car tonight having that, headers, exhaust, and a big bumpy cam), it'll still require some VE work, so hopefully I succeed. I'll post up if I do.

Thank you for the program by the way, it really is a great tool...once I know what it needs from me for it to work I am looking forward to using some very very high resolution versions of the VE table for really fine tuning a car after some people I know would call it "good enough" and stop tuning it...I always hated the 400 RPM gaps in the LS1 VE tables, and I REALLY get upset when I see other tuners working on the right path, and giving up when they're halfway there because the car drives "ok" when it could drive a lot nicer.

Senior Tuner
    Ok, zeroing out the counts got data in...but there's still a problem. It seems to only use 1 collum of data, and apply the same numbers to the whole ve table...I can't really explain it, because the numbers don't match any of the scanner numbers, but if I use say LS1 VE table resolution, and setup a custom histogram in HPTuners of identical resolution, the error that this program see's for say 1600 RPM, is the same it sees for every other RPM collum...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

crash

Followed the direction to a tee and everything works fine right up until I try to Generate Equations and then the program crashes. (see screen shot). I have tried to run the program as admin and with every compatibility mod there is but no luck.
    Have read through this thread ten time and cant find anyone else who has had this issue.

windows 7 pro 64bit
    Last edited by Darin Morgan; 05-01-2011 at 10:06 PM.
    2010 Camaro SS/RS, I rebuilt 6l80, PATC clutches, ported the heads, Manifold, TB. Billet PATC 3500S 4disk lockup, New Era CAI. Ferrea HS, dual springs, Ti-ret. ARH long tubes-Xpipe, 3.91 gears. 235°/246° .625 .625 113 +4 LSA. VVT ACTIVE to 8 degrees retard. 485rwhp 446ft/lbs

Darin Morgan
    -Induction R&D-EFI calibration
    Reher-Morrison Racing Engines
    Arlington,Texas
    Phone 817-467-7171
    http://www.darinmorgan.com
    http://www.rehermorrison.com

Advanced Tuner
    MikeOD:
    Do you happen to be in Phoenix area, I can't even imagine what is going on.

Advanced Tuner
    Darin:
    It sounds like you don't have the dll (GenEqu.dll) installed in the same directory as the program. I use the same operating system as you with out issue.

Ken

Senior Tuner
    I was in Phoenix for 5 days once lol...no unfortunately I'm in MA...very very very far away.

I'll figure it out. I'll take some screen shots when I'm working on my own car (at a more relaxed pace) of everything I'm doing...hopefully some night this week...maybe we can troubleshoot from there?