Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 scanner and editor problem

Tuner
    I bought windows 7 pro with my .edu address....thats how i got in this situation. lol.

But i'll try the xp mode!
    Steve(n)

Nightmare

VM works AWESOME!!!!

Thankyou!!!!
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Tuner
    Sweet, I can now work with the scanner and editor using VM. I haven't tried anything with the truck itself, but after loading the drivers and moving all my files over to the created drive, everything is working!
    Steve(n)

Nightmare

Advanced Tuner
    anybody try installing the beta in the virtual machine and keeping the released version in the base enviorment ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 SS View Post
    Ive re-installed twice, thought maybe that carrying over my old settings and what not from xp might have been the problem, deleted those and still the same problem. Tried to download and install 2.0 .net framework but it said it was already installed. I am running win 7 pro and the 2.23 beta. Anytime I try to open or save (such as open a file, or even navigate to a folder in the open file screen, or save license info, it freezes and windows trys to figure out why but it never does........ FRUSTRATED
    I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread.. but as a W7Pro user, you are entitled to a Windows XP Virtual PC. Install it on there!

Edit: Wow.. and its mentioned in the post above mine.. . I don't see why it wouldn't work.. It can share USB devices. You just have to have a processor with virtualization (and enable it in the bios).
    Last edited by Blades; 11-20-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    2006 Trailblazer SS - Stalled, Cammed, Tuned, Turbo'd, Built, and Stroked.
    Runs on cash, blood, sweat, and tears...... and 93 octane.

2007 Cadillac STS-V - Stock.

Advanced Tuner
    I have run it in Vista and Windows 7 (32bit and 64 bit) without issues. Also run it in a virtual machine (VirtualPC and VirtualBox, Windows 2000 and XP).. Also worked.

While it did work, I wouldnt run it in a virtual machine if not absolutely needed to get it working. Running an entire virtual machine (os/etc) juts to get it going is a lot of extra processing.

With Win Vista and Win 7, UAC has a big role in how some programs work. You really have to be comfortable with knowing what UAC is doing in some cases.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I have windows 7 rc on my home pc & load tunes & scan logs without issues as well.
    Are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7? All HPT software works find on the 32 bit platform, but, I believe it's the .NET in the 64 bit that giving us a problem.

I believe that I may have a real goofy set up that may endear itself to chaos. I have a 21" iMac (Intel) running Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. HPTuners is the only application that hasn't work well in the transition from Vista (32 bit). If I open HPT and then try and open a tune file, it crashes with the the error message it couldn't find the .dll file. On the other hand, if I click on the icon for the tune, it opens with our a problems. I can move around inside the file, makes changes etc. However, if I try to compare that file, Kabluie! It crashes again. I'm wondering if this is a 64 bit .NET problem. Any theories?

seevi, that the problem I was having. I have 64bit also. I got the VM rinning with xp pro and the tuner is working flawless. Might be a solution for you.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by seevi View Post
    Are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit version of Windows 7? All HPT software works find on the 32 bit platform, but, I believe it's the .NET in the 64 bit that giving us a problem.
    32 bit RC
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    I'm also getting an error with the VCM scanner in Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit concerning the 2.0. net framework. See the attached error message.

The scanner starts fine and will connect to my truck, but when I try and initiate the scanning I get the error message and the scanner crashes. I'm running version 2.23 beta
    Last edited by truckmann; 11-21-2009 at 04:00 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support about your scanner issue it not a windows issue its a beta bug

Advanced Tuner
    Ok thanks I will do that. I actually have it working right now, but I found I can't have the histograms or the primary chart displayed.

Tuner in Training
    my laptop is running vista now i just received the free upgrade to windows 7 is it worth doing ?anything else i would have to do to run the hp program ? my hp tuner is working great now and don't want to monk it up.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by da vette guy View Post
    my laptop is running vista now i just received the free upgrade to windows 7 is it worth doing ?anything else i would have to do to run the hp program ? my hp tuner is working great now and don't want to monk it up.
    I can't stand vista & would take windows 7 over it any day personally.

Tuner in Training
    I'm with Bill. I can't stand Vista as well. I did do the upgrade to 7 on my home pc. I still have xp on two of my laptops, with Vista on a third. I plan to update all them to 7 eventually.
    98 TA
    06 1500hd cc 4x

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    I can't stand vista & would take windows 7 over it any day personally.
    sounds good, thanks for the advice,i'll do it....

Advanced Tuner
    the upgrade wouldn't work on my system--had to do a clean install--but it was still worth it and its good to do that every so often to get the system cleaned out.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogn View Post
    2. Blue Screen of DEATH!
    yeah I've gotten this about 1/2 dozen times in the 6 or so months I've had it...I think its the monitor output...when I click on "hows your windows experience" I get it instantly lol but always just blamed it on my pc being some 3 years old.

Tuner
    Im not sure if its just a 64bit problem, im running 32 bit and I have the issues. I can open the tune or log by the icon, but cant through browsing.

I scanned and read a truck through VM today though. No problems. a little glitchy with sounds on the connect and disconnect. But i think thats to be expected.
    Steve(n)

Nightmare