Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 scanner and editor problem

Tuner

Windows 7 scanner and editor problem

Anytime I try to open a cfg or a tune in the scanner or editor, the program stops responding and closes. I am reinstalling it now, I just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem, or if its just me
    Steve(n)

Nightmare

Advanced Tuner
    i have windows 7 on my home pc and load tunes and scan logs to view with no issues yet
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I have windows 7 rc on my home pc & load tunes & scan logs without issues as well.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Ive trie re-installing to no avail.
    Steve(n)

Nightmare

Advanced Tuner
    I have windows 7 as well.. Think it needed older .net framework, but scanner and editor work fine.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Tuner
    Ive re-installed twice, thought maybe that carrying over my old settings and what not from xp might have been the problem, deleted those and still the same problem. Tried to download and install 2.0 .net framework but it said it was already installed. I am running win 7 pro and the 2.23 beta. Anytime I try to open or save (such as open a file, or even navigate to a folder in the open file screen, or save license info, it freezes and windows trys to figure out why but it never does........ FRUSTRATED
    Steve(n)

Nightmare

Tuner
    And I have to re enter my application key everytime i start the program. I can open a file if i directly open the file instead of opening it through the program, i even opened another file after that through the program....then it froze
    Steve(n)

Nightmare

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98 SS View Post
    And I have to re enter my application key everytime i start the program. I can open a file if i directly open the file instead of opening it through the program, i even opened another file after that through the program....then it froze
    Sounds like you have some weird networking settings then as you only need to enter your application key once. Let us know if you figure out what settings you need to change as I haven't run across this.

Tuner in Training
    Mine did the same thing with 7 home premium. I had the files on my desktop. It worked fine, loaded the scanner/editor all was good.

I then made a folder in mydocuments to clean up my desktop. I labeled it hptuners and put everything in there. After that I had alot of problems. I had to renenter my key everytime I opened it. The files wouldn't work half the time. My configs were all screwey.

Not sure what happened. I put the files back on my desktop and everything worked fine again. I never looked into it more and just left the files on my desktop.
    98 TA
    06 1500hd cc 4x

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    who wants to buy me a copy of windows 7 home premium to test lol

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I have windows 7 RC on my home pc and have been running it without issue for 6 or so months, I honestly have no idea why they are running into an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterhino View Post
    Mine did the same thing with 7 home premium. I had the files on my desktop. It worked fine, loaded the scanner/editor all was good.

I then made a folder in mydocuments to clean up my desktop. I labeled it hptuners and put everything in there. After that I had alot of problems. I had to renenter my key everytime I opened it. The files wouldn't work half the time. My configs were all screwey.

Not sure what happened. I put the files back on my desktop and everything worked fine again. I never looked into it more and just left the files on my desktop.
    Sounds like a problem with the security settings of that folder. Does your user have the right to read AND write?
    You could also try to run the program as the Administrator if you are logged in as a standard user.
    Last edited by BlackZJ; 11-18-2009 at 07:24 AM.
    '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ, 5.2L (Canada Import), 2" Lift
    (CAI, Modded Kegger, Ported TB, 3" Cat-Back, SCT Custom Tune)

'98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited ZG, 5.9 V8, Stock

'03 Skoda Fabia, 1.4L 16v

'98 Chevrolet Camaro V6, 3.8L, Targa, ZZP GT1 Cam, Dynomax Cat-Back [sold]

Tuner
    The programs are set to run as administrator no matter what, also my user is the only user and it is an administrator. the folders are set to read and write (as well as the programs)

I moved the HPtuners folder to the desktop, but that didnt fix anything, it just asked for my license info again and created a new folder. Apparently my registration key and license info stuck the last time though, because it didnt ask before I moved the stuff. it still freezes when I try to load a file though
    Steve(n)

Nightmare

Tuner in Training
    I am running Windows 7 Home Premium and I don't have a problem. I'm running version 2.22.

Tried re-installing. have same problem as op
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    FMIC / Dual 50mm Tial BOV's
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Advanced Tuner
    moving folders after the install will just mess things up--windows is looking at a specific path. try uninstalling ---then right click on the install program an run as administrator.

Any other help out there? Need to tune my car but the system keeps crashing.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Senior Tuner
    Windows 7 here without any issues.

HOWEVER, if you are assured that it's Windows 7 causing these problems (it may be for some with certain hardware/software installed), then I would suggest upgrading to Windows 7 Professional for $29.99 (through Microsoft's Ultimate Steal Student program) and installing the free "Windows XP Mode" (it's XP Pro). It runs flawlessly within 7 (it's a Virtual OS within an OS). It's VERY fast, as well.

Via the "Windows Anytime Upgrade" (under "Start, All Programs), it takes less than 5 minutes to convert 7 Home to 7 Professional. This is because all Windows 7 are the same - just the Product "key" differentiates them.

See here for the Ultimate Steal by Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/student/dis...s/default.aspx

You do NOT need to download the Windows 7 file they link you to after purchase, but instead just use the Product Key through the "Windows Anytime Upgrade". You can purchase 7 Pro for $29.99 via that link above until 11:59PM PST on December 31, 2010. As you can see, you can also get Office 2007 Ultimate for dirt cheap, too.

BTW, if you do your homework, anyone can *easily* get a college .edu email addy.
    Last edited by RWTD; 11-19-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Heres the link to that: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

Thanks!!!!!!
    Last edited by TXZ0603; 11-19-2009 at 06:59 PM.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost

Got VMware workshop and installed XP Pro. Running the HPTuners on that now. Will know more tomorrow how well it works. Thanks for the Vm suggestion.
    Last edited by TXZ0603; 11-19-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    2003 Z06
    Forged 347
    PTE Billet 67/65 Turbos
    ID 1000 Injectors
    RSI Stage 4 Fuel System
    07 Z06 Cam
    Tripple Nozzle Meth
    ACT Twin disk clutch

25# Boost